01 : 𝖥𝖺𝗅𝗅𝖾𝗇 𝖠𝗇𝗀𝖾𝗅

[🌃]

I woke up on a cold, moist sidewalk. A single lamppost cascaded its faint, yellow glow onto my frame as I sat up.

Did I.. Did I just fall from the heavens and made it out alive..?

"Wait a second," my eyes widened as I started feeling myself. "I'm alive. I'm alive again! Oh, my gosh!"

I quickly stood to rejoice. I didn't care if anyone saw— nobody was there anyway. The street was dark, the array of shops were already closed, cars were parked by the gutter, and it was completely quiet; except for me.

I held a hand up to the sky. "Thank you!"

I was about to go when my thighs bump into something. A golden luggage. I turned it around, finding a quote by the zipper saying 'God loves you'. I laid it down to open and found clothes. I looked at my apparel, realizing that I was wearing the same shirt and jeans the moment I died.

"How thoughtful of Him," I smiled. "Ouch! Ah!"

My right wrist felt a severe sting. I raised it high to see red numbers like that of a digital clock's. But instead of counting forward, it counted backwards. It said 61 days left. That's 2 months equivalent.

"I really need to find this person now," I hoisted myself up. "I don't even know where I am to begin with. Ah, I'm going to hell."

I dragged the luggage with me. I trodded the lonely streets alone, humming to myself. I wondered where I would be staying for the night and for the rest of my days. I didn't have money. Was I supposed to be homeless?

"OH, YEAH, YEAH! OH, YEAH, YEAH, YEAH!"

My head shot up at the sound of a drunken voice, slurring and singing recklessly at the distance. In front of me stumbled a man. He looked young but deeply troubled. He was all by himself, screaming, waddling, and tripping over invisible things.

"Is this him?" I gulped. "Oh, Lord. He's coming."

"NEVER HAD MUCH FATE IN LOVE OR MIRACLES! OH!" He thrusted his hip once. "NEVER WANNA PUT MY HEART ON THE LINE!"

He kept squirming around, completely out of control. It seemed like he had enough alcohol for tonight.

"BUT SWIMMING IN YOUR WATER IS SOMETHING SPIRITUAL! OH!" He thrusted again, spinning around a pole.

I looked away. "Urgh.."

"I'M BORN AGAIN EVERY TIME YOU SPEND THE NIGHT! 'CAUSE YOUR SEX TAKES ME TO PARADISE. YEAH, YOUR SEX TAKES ME TO PARADISE."

Should I approach this fella? Right now?

"AND IT SHOWS, YEAH, YEAH, YEAH! 'CAUSE YOU MAKE ME FEEL LIKE I'VE BEEN LOCKED OUT OF HEAVEN!"

Heaving a sigh, I walked up to him. He was currently rubbing his butt against a glass door of a closed bakery. He was laughing to himself.

"Sir—"

"FOR TOO LONG! FOR TOO LONG!" He sang again. "YEAH, YOU MAKE ME FEEL LIKE I'VE BEEN LOCKED OUT OF HEAV— EURGHHH!"