12 : 𝖨𝗍 𝖢𝖺𝗇'𝗍 𝖡𝖾 𝖩𝖾𝖺𝗅𝗈𝗎𝗌𝗒

[💊]

"I'm dying."

"Hush, don't say that, Gyu!"

"I'm seeing light."

"Ah, you're so dramatic."

"No, Caroline. I swear."

"It's just a fever, come on."

"I can't get up."

"Mhm?"

"My body is slowly deteriorating."

"Beomgyu."

"Tell my family I love them."

WHACK!

I almost spat out my drink. Caroline had just hit him on the arm with a rolled magazine. Beomgyu pouted and whined like a baby, hiding underneath his thick blankets, and bearing a cold compress on his forehead. His nose was red, eyes puffy and watery. He has been flaming for a week max. I phoned Caroline about the matter, hoping she could help. She studied medicine after all.

"I did tell him to get in when it was raining," I swore. "He didn't listen."

"You're lucky you're well, Y/N." Caroline flipped the compress. "Beomgyu right here is a stubborn guy."

He grunted. "I was just trying to enjoy my shitty life!"

"Get a grip," she dampened a towel. "You should've listened to Y/N. You know you can admire the city rain from the window, dummy."

Beomgyu turned to me with pleading eyes, asking me to defend him. I simply shrugged, sipping from my mug. As much as I enjoyed the little waltz, I had to admit that Caroline was right. I should have pulled him in when I had the chance. The bliss took the best of us.

"Lift your arm, buddy." Caroline requested.

"Why?"

"I need to wipe you. It'll cool down your body temperature."

He scoffed. "I can do it myself."