10 : 𝖬𝖾𝗅𝗅𝗈𝗐 𝖬𝖾𝖺𝖽𝗈𝗐 𝖬𝖾𝗆𝗈𝗋𝗂𝖾𝗌

[🌤️]

"Beomgyu, come take a look at this!"

Y/N lunged at something in the tall, golden grass. Beomgyu let a hollow laughter, seeing her unintentionally gobble weed and leaves after her fall— she was trying to catch something. Averting his gaze from her, he focused back on his sketch.

He and Y/N drove all the way to the outskirts where a farm resided. It was open to the public rather than a private property; thus, Beomgyu had had access to yet another place to sip nostalgia.

It was pretty vast— the meadows. What was once a plantation turned into a wide grassland. It was dubbed as "The Golden Fields" for every summer, the grasses turn into a shade of ochre. Basking underneath the clear, blue sky and glorious sun, the place was barren from any visitors; the only residents to count were the regular cicadas and crickets, little butterflies, and a few cows eating at the distance. There was a red barn far away, but it was off limits.

Beomgyu was leaning against a mango tree, sketchpad on his lap as he enjoyed the cool shade amidst the humid weather. Y/N was in her long, white dress, chasing a couple grasshoppers in an attempt to catch them. That, Beomgyu had found endearing and childish.

"I got one! Hoi, Beomgyu! I caught a bug!"

"Let me see!" He lowered his pencil, smiling. "Come here, Y/N!"

He quickly flipped his pad close, concealing his art into a secret. Y/N jogged up to him, hands lightly clasped together to contain the insect she had successfully abducted.

"It's a spider." She grinned. "A big, hairy one."

"Ew, no! Get the fuck away from me!" Beomgyu scooted. "I don't want it, I don't!"

"I'm just playing!" She drew it closer. "Peek inside."

Hesitant, Beomgyu shot her a skeptical glare before nearing his head to the gap of her fingers. Nothing. Just darkness. He winced.

"I don't see anything, Y/N."

"What?" She blinked. "I swear there's something inside."

"Y/N, if a spider jumps into my eye I'll kill you."

"No, trust me! It's not a spider; I wouldn't even dare touch one!"

Beomgyu peeked again. "Where is it? Where's the bug?"