Chapter 2

*third person*

Athena and her parents walk out to their car, with Athena bouncing up and down in excitement. Her dad takes her bags and sets them into the back. Athena dives inside the car while her parents jokingly take forever.

"Hurry up! I don't wanna be late!!" Athena complains while her parents get in the car and start driving off. Athena's eyes gaze at the world surrounding her. The way the trees softly line up making the perfect pathway towards one of her favorite places.

*time skip*

"We're here!" Athena's dad tells joyously. Athena jolts up and races to get out of the car. Her eyes widen in awe as she sees the buses decorated nicely to fit the theme of the camp. She sees a woman and a man holding a check board. "Ok everyone! We're going to call role!" The woman yells and she steps up on a podium.

"Bye mom! Bye dad! Love you!!" Athena hugs both her parents tightly. Tears form in her parents eyes. "See you in three months, stay safe and have fun!" Her mother says. Tears start forming in Athena's eyes. She quickly wipes them away and grabs her suitcases. "I'm off!" She says and she walks away. Her sadness remains but is coated by a layer of excitement for what awaits ahead in camp.

"Asher Golifher."
"Here."
Athena takes note of the tall handsome boy named Asher. His dirty blond hair draped perfectly over his forehead, just barely meeting his soft blue eyes.
"Gypsy Pyrum."
"Here."
A short girl with shoulder length black hair and thick round glasses calls out shyly.
"Athena Polanski."
"Here." Athena calls out quickly, not expecting her name to be called so soon.
"Monica Walters."
"Here." A tall girl calls out. Her long pinkish brown hair pulled tightly into a ponytail with a simple ribbon. (A/n: tbh, I didn't even mean to make her look like Monika from DDLC. It fits well tho so I'm keeping it)
More names were called as Athena started looking around, zoning out a little.

"Leo Young."
"Here."
A tall man with black hair and a dark blue beanie calls out. His shoulders are slumped and he's looking down. Athena was barely able to make out his face. She simply shrugged her shoulders and paid no attention.

*time skip*

All the campers piled onto all the buses. Athena took a seat next to a window and looked out at the area around her. It takes about an hour for them to get to the actual camp so she hoped someone would sit next to her so she could make a new friend. Athena continues to wait and after it seems like everyone is on the bus no one had chosen to sit next to her.

She frowned a little and decided to just look out the window. "Wait. It seems we have one more camper." The bus driver called out. Athena looked up at who it could be and there standing at the front is the same boy who had black hair and a beanie. He looked super uncomfortable and quickly went to look for a seat. Everyone either had a full seat or pushed something onto the other side of the seat so he wouldn't sit with them.

Athena was taught to be kind to everyone so when he came by her seat and saw it open she gave him a sweet and warm smile. A light blush covered his face and was just barely noticeable. He quickly sat down next to her and tried to look away. But Athena was not having it. "Hello! I'm Athena, what's your name again?"

The boy stayed silent and Athena frowned a little and just decided to let it be. "L-Leo.." the boy stuttered out and Athena's head slightly turned to look back at him. He was still looking away and Athena simply smiled and said: "Nice to meet you Leo."

*Leo's POV*

I was late to the bus and now everyone is looking at me. I hate this but of course my parents made me go to this stupid camp. They said it would be good for me to make friends and said that this was where they met.

I walked down the walkway to look for a seat but it seemed no one wanted to sit next to me. Who could blame them? My entire life it seemed no one liked me. I gave up trying to make friends a long time ago. My dad keeps bugging me to get a girlfriend but I can't even make a friend so there's no chance of getting a girlfriend.

I keep walking and decided I would probably just sit on the floor in the back, until I see a girl with brown hair and soft blue eyes. Her smile seemed so warm and inviting. I didn't want to keep waiting so I just sat down quickly. I could feel my cheeks heat up. No girl that pretty ever invited me to sit next to her, let alone smile at me.

"Hello! I'm Athena, what's your name again?" The girl said excited. She spoke to me. I stayed silent because she's probably just pitying me. I heard nothing else and saw out of the corner of my eye that she turned away. I felt bad and thought this might be a good opportunity. "L-Leo." I stuttered out, still looking away. "Nice to meet you Leo." Her voice was so gentle and soft. It was like talking to a beautiful, kind cloud.

Maybe camp won't be so bad if I stay with her..

A/n: AAAHHH I LOVE LEO!! Anyway thanks so much for reading! I really hope you enjoyed this and I can't wait to keep writing!
Stay safe my bubbles
Peace out
~Bubble_Tea567