Chapter 2

Mikasa went home that night, trying to come up with a plan to get Annie to like her.

'She is quiet and based on what I heard from Reiner and Bertholt she is tired and exhausted. She probably has a short temper because of her upbringing. Then there is more that I don't know about her. Ugh this is going to be hard.' Mikasa thought to herself.

She wanted help, she wanted to talk to someone about this but she couldn't because she didn't know all she could. The consequences could be deadly without all the information.

That night, Mikasa went to sleep with no plan, she decided she would just wing it. Do this like she would make any other friend.

The next morning, she woke up early and went on a walk to clear her mind. She knew it wasn't really her business to know this information but it seems as if the 3 of them have accepted this and are now just going with this.

The 3 of them were obviously going through something and they needed help because at this point they have given up.

She came back home and the air was filled with the scent of cinnamon waffles, her favorite.

She ran into the kitchen to see her mom, dad, and brother, "Hey Mikasa, we decided to make your favorite since you went on walk which you hardly ever do unless you are stuck in your thoughts." Eren said.

She laughed and thanked them all for caring so much, they ate and talked together at the table and when the time to leave came Eren and Mikasa were out the door.

The two of them walked to school together and almost always they would end up at school with their whole friend group but that obviously didn't happen because Reiner and Bertholt were nowhere to be seen.

"They have been ghosting and avoiding us since yesterday." Eren complained.

She wanted to tell him that something was going on but kept her mouth shut. They went inside of the school and went their separate ways towards their lockers.

As Mikasa walked towards her locker, she passed Annie on her way. She looked tired as if she hadn't passed out the day before, her body struggled to even take the next step as she was walking. Mikasa wouldn't be surprised if she did collapse again.

"How am I supposed to make her my friend when she is like this? At this point I'll make her my enemy." Mikasa whispered to herself.

She unlocked her locker and got everything she needed for the day. Luckily, she did have a few classes with Annie so maybe they could become friends if Annie's mood ever gets better.

In first period, Mikasa glanced over at Annie every couple of minutes, she really did look like she was on the verge of collapse, almost like the floor was calling her.

Their teacher, who allowed them to call them by their first name Hange was slowly starting to notice where Mikasa's attention kept going.

They didn't want to call Annie and Mikasa out in the middle of class, so they would just talk with them at a different time.

When class was over, Annie struggled to get up, her body was screaming to lay down and be healed but she wasn't allowed, if she laid down their would be consequences.

Mikasa watched as Annie struggled and Finally decided to go help her whether she liked it or not.

She walked up to Annie who looked up at her confused, "what do you need?" She asked.

Mikasa picked Annie's belongings up and then Annie and carried her out of the class. She ignored Annie's protest to put her down and continued to carry her to the bathroom.