△▵1▵△

A/N: This is my first story! I hope you enjoy! 

Trigger warnings 

 Blood 

Bad/Harmful Thoughts

(Please Let Me Know If There Are Any Trigger I Forgot)

Tanjiro couldn't sleep. He had been laying awake all night thinking. He just couldn't get the image out of his head. Even though it was years ago, it was always so clear. 

His family...

Lying on the ground. They were pale, and there eyes looked like there was never a living person behind them. Blood was everywhere...

And the smell.

He would never forget the smell.

As usual anytime he thought of his family, horrible thoughts followed.

'Why didn't I go straight home like I planned?'

Because your a fool and decided to stay at that old mans house. 

'I didn't know what was going to happen-'

But you could have smelt the difference from a mile away!

'Its not my fault!'

T̸̡̡͙̠̩̻͓͉̹̦͍̲͒́͘͠Ḫ̶̨̱̙̥̤̝̖̲̰̎̀́͝È̶̡͇͖̠̙̭̩̲̜̦̾̊̈́̊̎̓̄͝͝͠N̸̘͉͇̥̪̳̮͍͎̩͋͗̀ ̸̼̗̝̓̑̏̇̃̉͑̅͂͘̕͝͝W̵̛̥̏̓̆̌̏̒̐̚H̸̬̝͙͉̅̓̀̃͛̇Ǫ̴̨̢̫͚̖͈̲͖̣̰̙̠͑̏̽͊͒̉͝S̷̥͊̀̏͠ ̸̘̐̓̆̌̃̊͠F̸̡͎̝͌́͝Ã̶̢͕̣͕̥̣͓͓̹̰͍̉̃͜Ų̷̢̧͕̟͎̗̤̝͌̎̈́̓̑̀̓̍̈́L̸̥̯͖͐̊̌̓͌͘T̷̛̥̥̎̎̊͗͋̌̎̒̎͝ ̸̧̨̠̯̳͖̼͖̺̀͛̂͊̎͜Ǐ̴͙͗̋̇̒̑̎͆́́͘͝S̵̬̮̟̬̫̹̥̥̣̬͌̄̋̎͝ ̷̨̧͈̳͓̮̮́̿͑I̴̛̦̯͙̼̩͆̐͊̐̋̋̓̚T̷̲̬̰̙͂̑̈́̊?̴̫̰̭̯̖̟̯̼̄̀͜

'...'

E̴̛̲͖̥͋̾X̷̞͓͎̝̃A̸͍̝̋͘C̷̞̺̽T̴̹̼̮̳͗͋L̷̳͈̥̳̈́Y̷̛̩̰̗̗̋͂̕

Suddenly Tanjiro felt something hot running down his face. He sat up and felt his cheek. He was crying. He let himself cry, he needed a good cry right now. He wasn't sobbing or sniffling, but the tears silently rolled down his face. He let his mind go blank and he just stared at the wall. 

However when he heard someone move around on their futon he quickly wiped his eyes.

"Oh...Morning Tanjiro" Zenitsu said while letting out a small yawn.

"Morning Zenitsu!" Tanjiro said with a smile, he was fairly good at faking smiles.

Zenitsu leaned closer towards Tanjiro's face, causing the younger one to turn slightly pink.

"Did you get any sleep last night?" Zenitsu asks tilting his head slightly to the side.

Tanjiro went silent and just started at Zenitsu.

"We should...uh- Wake up Inosuke!" Tanjiro said trying to stand up, but was stopped when Zenitsu grabbed him by the wrist.

"Tanjiro." Zenitsu said a hint of sternness in his concerned voice. "You need to sleep."

Tanjiro looked around the room tryin to avoid eye contact. Trying to think of a way out of this situation. Sleep almost always meant nightmares and he didn't want to worry Zenitsu or Inosuke.

"Mmmmmmm... Fine." Tanjiro said defeated after realizing he wasn't getting out of this.

He then lied down and tried to fall asleep...

But couldn't. Zenitsu seemed to notice and quickly yet gently place Tanjiro's head on his legs. Tanjiro looked up at Zenitsu, who was a very bright red, and smiled. This, however, just made Zenitsu turn a few shades brighter and turn away.

Tanjiro fell asleep quickly once Zenitsu helped him get comfortable, however that didn't stop the nightmares. 

And Zenitsu wasn't blind.

A/N - Thank you so much for readying this first chapter! Sorry this was short but I didn't have that much motivation but still wanted to write this.

I have a lot of idea's for this story and the next chapter should be longer.

Thanks again

Author - Kun