△▵3▵△

A/N - I re-rewrote this so many times its not even funny anymore-

It was day when they entered the forest, but the trees were so tall and thick that it made it seem like it was the middle of the night. On top of that the forest was silent, no birds, no animals, the only sound were the crunch of leaves as the three boys walked through the forest.

"Do-Don't you think its weird that there's no animal noises? Like birds and stuff?" Zenitsu asked while they walked past a particular large tree.

"No not really... I like the silence!"

"O-oh... Alright then..." Zenitsu said looking back at Tanjiro and Inosuke who had both stopped walking.

"Zenitsu, neither of us said that." Tanjiro said looking while pointing his finger between him and Inosuke.

"Wh-What do you mean?" Zenitsu asked, hoping that he misheard the younger boy.

"It means we didn't say words dumbass." Inosuke replied, cutting of Tanjiro before he could get a word out.

Zenitsu visibly froze at this, at the same time Tanjiro looked around to try and find out who spoke.

As he looked around he saw the shadow of something move in the tree above them, and changed his attention to try and climb the tree.

The tree was huge its branches big enough to hold an elephant. Its leaves were a dark green, while the branches were close enough to the ground to jump to.

He quickly jumped to one of the lower branches and hoisted himself up on top of it. With another jump he almost missed the second branch, using only his hands to hold on to the branch before he carefully lifted up his legs as well.

At this point Zenitsu and had noticed Tanjiros climbing and was watching from the ground with Inosuke. Tanjiro was fairly high up now, and knew if he looked down he would be to scared to move, so he kept his head up high to avoid looking at the ground below him.

----

Without warning Zenitsu heard a far yelp and saw Tanjiro stumble and begin to fall, even though he made it to the next branch completely fine.

"Tanjiro!" Zenitsu said to himself in a panic yet hushed voice. From a fall that high Tanjiro could be seriously injured or possibly worse. Once realizing this Zenistu's panic increased as he began jump from branch to branch without thinking twice about it.

Tanjiro was panicking as he fell, trying to think of someway to either stop his fall or make it less painful. However before he came up with anything he suddenly felt a pair of hands grab him while he was mid air. He looked up and realize that somehow Zenitsu had made it up there fast enough to catch him bridal style.

By the time they made it to the nearest branch Tanjiro was a bright red and trying to calm down his heart beat. 

'That was hot yes,  but its not time for a pansexual panic attack!'  Tanjiro told himself. He looked at the branches Zenitsu had hopped on to get close enough to grab him, and noticed dark black singe marks on specific parts.

Tanjiro returned his gaze to Zenitsu, who looked very shaken up, sitting on the branch with his legs crossed.

"Don't... Don't do that again." Zenitsu said shaking slightly.

"Sorry Zenitsu." Tanjiro replied rubbing the back of his head.

Tanjiro was about to thank him when he suddenly smelt something moving in the tree above them. Tanjiro looked up at the branch directly above them.

Zenitsu, who heard a scuttling sound and leaves ruffle, followed Tanjiros ga(y)ze. What Zenitsu didn't expect was to see a demon with gray skin holding onto the branch above them upside down, like a spider. Its tail was scorpion like and seemed to shine without any light reflecting off of it. Its head quickly turned around to look at them, like an owl. It had one huge vertical eye, with a rectangular iris and looked directly at Zenitsu.