Chapter 1

Northern Remnant, Unknown location.
Y/N's POV

After escaping from that place those Xiao Long and Rose Daemons called home, I was pulled toward the North.

As I drew closer to the farthest part of the North, I felt stronger. I was absorbing more and more Chaotic energies the further North I went.

I continued walking, before I stumbled upon a desolated portal of some sort. It looked like a collapsed interstellar warp gate. Soon though, the gate started to flicker, before bursting to life as the energy of Chaos erupted.

I felt myself being pulled towards the portal, feeling stronger as I came closer. But before I entered into the portal, I took one last look around the world I once called home.

In a sudden flash, I saw Summer in front of me, with her arms open for a hug, but when I tried to hug back, she disappeared, making me realize she wasn't there at all.

I sighed in sadness, thinking this was a sign that I wouldn't see my mother again. I turned back around, facing the hellish portal, before walking through it.

The portal closed, and I had crossed over into a hell unlike any other.

Back in Remnant. Summer's POV

Me, Raven, and Qrow were searching for Y/N. We had last heard of him traveling North, which had me worried sick.

I remembered all the time, when I was still a student at Beacon, and how much me and my teammates had spent up in that part of Remnant. It was because of that place, that Tai had become the twisted and torturous person he was now.

Up in the North, any sense of order was non-existent. It is a place unlike any other, even Salem's castle would have been heaven compared to that place.

In the North, Chaos isn't just an ideal, it becomes a living and breathing creature. The true, and most horrible forms of Chaos lay in a tear in the fabric of reality.

The Warp. Unless you have powerful magic, or a fully restored aura, or the blessing of the Chaos Gods themselves, a mortal being that ventures into the Warp, will soon find themselves lost, not just in the psychical world, but in their mind as well.

We had arrived at where Y/N was last seen, and discovered a piece of this place that I never wanted to see again. The broken remands of the collapsed Interstellar gateway.

"Y/N!? Y/N!?" I called out for my son, but I quickly realized that he must have walked through the gateway, and into the Warp. I collapsed to my knees, and burst into tears.

I felt like I had failed, not only as a human, but as a mother as well. I had strived to protect my son from those terrible Daemons, but now, he has possibly been tempted by them, or worse, been consumed by them.

But as I lost hope, I heard the faint voice of Y/N. "Goodbye Mother. I love you," his voice came from the gateway. When I looked up, I saw the gateway had burst to life, and showed none other than Khorne.

Raven and Qrow were on their knees when I had collapsed, but now, they had fear in their eyes. I on the other hand, stood up straight and tall on my knees, and faced down the Blood God.

"There is no need to worry, Summer Rose. Your son is alive." The dark voice of the brass-cladded Devil spoke. My eyes sparkled with hope of seeing my boy again, but soon found that that possibility would come at a price.

"Yes he is alive. But, when you meet him again, he will not be the same as the boy who left you!" Khorne spoke.

"Why!? Why have you taken my son from me, Khorne!? Why?!" I shouted in a fit of anger. "I saved him from your husbands grasp! You should thank me, or you would have never seen him again!" The Blood God roared out, causing me to stumble back.