𝟎𝟏: 𝐂𝐡𝐨𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬

* * * *

* * * *

September 1, 1976

Somewhere, chugging along the tracks of the English meadows and hills, was a scarlet red steam engine that carried three teenagers starting their sixth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Those three teenagers are named Evanna Chase, Avery Thomas, and Summer Williams. Those three teenagers were also currently having a conversation about the best kind of chocolate from Honeydukes sweet shop in Hogsmede.

"So, I was thinking," Summer Williams started.

"Oh, here we go." Avery scoffed while rolling his eyes.

"Oh, hush, Ave," she said. "Look, I was thinking that the 75% dark with caramel and sea salt is the best bec-"

"No, it is not," Avery said looking at Summer like she grew a horn out of her head. "What is wrong with you Summer? Are you ill?"

"No I am not ill, you piece of dragon dung," she said.

"Dragon dung?" Avery stood up and reached for his wand. "I'll show you dragon dung!"

"Woah, woah, woah!" Evanna stood up to intervene because she knew that if she didn't now, she would regret it later. "C'mon guys..."

You might be wondering, 'Aren't they best friends? Why are they bickering like an old married couple?'. Well, here's the thing, They are best friends, but like most, sometimes you can find them fighting over small things. For example, chocolate.

"Reminder: there's no need to bicker like children, okay?" Evanna said, looking at them like a mother reprimanding her children would. "Remember that." She sighed and she, Summer, and Avery all sat back down and were silent. Evanna often found herself breaking up her best friend's fights. In a way, she was a mother. Avery opened back up the book he was reading before the whole 'chocolate' conversation. Hogwarts A History. He had read this book multiple times already but it was one of his favorites. Summer entertained herself by polishing the new broom she got so she could try out for the quidditch team again. Summer had been on the Hufflepuff Quidditch team since the second year and she was the team seeker. And yes, she was good.

Then, the silence was broken by everyone's favorite Hufflepuff boy coming into the compartment. Jack Pillsbury.

"Hey, guys! Hey Summer! How are you, darling?" He went to go sit by Summer and he put his arm around her shoulders. Summer flushed as red as Lily Evans's hair.

"Hi," she said, her voice small. She wasn't usually like this but both Avery and Evanna knew it was the doings of Jack. Jack smiled. He knew it too. And he loved it.

"Hey, Jack." Evanna smiled and high-fived him.

"Jack." Avery acknowledged, not looking up from his book, due to him seeing Jack only a few hours prior. They basically lived together.

After listening to the background chatter of other students passing by in the halls, and hearing the joy and excitement of the first years, Summer ended up falling asleep on Jack's shoulder, and let's just say that Jack was pretty happy.

"Look!" he mouthed pumping his fist in the air, making Summer stir. "Oop."

After that, he was quiet so he didn't actually wake her up.

About twenty minutes later, a ruckus of noise came from the hallway right outside the compartment. Summer woke up. Jack glared out of the window of the compartment, because how dare people wake up his precious Summer Williams? More specifically, those people are The Marauders. Everyone in Evanna's compartment, including Evanna herself, groaned openly knowing something was about to happen, whether good or not.

Surprisingly....nothing banged, exploded, or collapsed. They were safe.

Suddenly, someone poked their head into the compartment. Lily Evans.

"Hey, Evie! Hey, Summer! Jack!" she exclaimed. She then looked over to Avery who has been openly ogling. "Hey, Avery." She sent a dazzling smile over to him and Evanna almost felt kinda bad for the poor guy.

"H-hey, um, Lily," he responded. Well, tried to, at least.

She giggled her perfect giggle and said, "Well, I saw you guys as I was passing by and I just wanted to say 'Hi'." Everyone except Avery noticed the way her eyes subtly glanced at him.

"Lily Evans, my beloved!" they heard a voice shout in the hall. "Where are you?"

Everyone immediately recognized the voice, as it belonged to the one and only James Potter.

"There you are, gorgeous!" he ran up to Lily and swung an arm around her shoulder, which she politely but forcibly removed.

"Hello, Potter," she said through gritted teeth.

Avery went back to reading his book with a sigh and a glare. Lily noticed. She frowned a bit which made a small 'v' form between her beautiful ginger brows.

"Hello, everyone!" James waved happily not seeming to notice Lily and Avery's small engagement.

"I was just leaving, James," Lily told him. "But I'm going to go find Marlene and Mary."

"That's alright, love." He responded. Avery gritted his teeth and Jack, who could hear it all the way across the compartment, raised his eyebrows. "Alright, bye, everyone!" And he left with Lily and the compartment was silent again.

"Ave, do want to talk about it?" Evanna asked, concerned that her friend's jaw was about to bruise from how hard he was clenching it.

"What's there to talk about, Evie?" He asked through his teeth.

"You know." She answered, hoping he would understand.

"No, actually, I don't know," he responded now getting noticeably more frustrated. "That's why I'm asking you, Evanna."

"Okay, okay," she said putting her hands up in surrender. "Look, I'm sorry. I was just trying to help."

Avery sighed in defeat and slumped in his seat. His jaw released most of the tension, and everyone who was tense, relaxed. Summer was wide awake now, but Jack laid down and fell asleep on her lap. She looked surprised, then flushed a bright red, then relaxed. Hesitantly, she ran her hand through his fluffy, brunette hair. This time, it was Jack's turn to blush.

Evanna, feeling like a proud mother, took a nap on Avery, who was calmed down and back to reading his book.

a/n: Here's the first chapter! I kinda wanted to show their relationship as friends and set a sort of background. Ik it's pretty short but I'll try to do longer ones in the future. And sorry if the first few chapters suck, I swear it gets better.

Thanks!

-S