𝟏𝟎: 𝐂𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐮𝐩𝐜𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬

CW: Mentions of blood/knife; nothing bad, but its there

December 21, 1976

"Ruddy pumpkin head, isn't he." James Potter sat scowling over at Evanna and Amos who were softy mumbling to each other about Merlin knows what.

It was pretty quiet in the library, minus the occasional shuffle of book pages, a scrape of a chair, or the soft clunk of a book being put on a shelf. The sixth years were recently assigned an essay for potions, and James was procrastinating.

"I think it's just you that has a problem with him, mate," Remus muttered without moving his eyes from his parchment of writing.

"Remus!" James whispered exasperatedly, slamming his hands on the table. "He's a prat! He can't genuinely like her- you know how he is!"

Remus finally looked up at that while sighing. "Look, Prongs," he lowered his voice so only James could hear him. "I know you like her. I don't know if it's Lily-level-like, but I do know that you like her. You're not very subtle."

James looked taken aback. "Moony! I-I don't like her like that! How could you possibly think- okay yeah, I like her."

Remus leaned back in his chair with an accomplished smug look. "I know, James. I know."

James blushed and covered his face so his voice was muffled when he said, "How did you figure it out?"

"How could I not? I think that's the question you should be asking me instead."

"Okay, let's table that for a second," James shook his head with a tint to his cheekbones. "You comin' to mine for Christmas? Mum needs to know."

"I'm not moving on that fast from this conversation Prongs, nice try though," Remus smirked but continued. "But of course, I'm going."

James sighed exasperatedly. "Fine. Amos Diggory is still a prat though." His brows furrowed as he randomly doodled on his parchment. "I just don't want her getting hurt."

To say that Remus was conflicted was quite an understatement. He was put at this mental fork in the road where one way involved teasing James more about his little crush or giving him reasonable advice. Tough.

However, with a silent curse, he shook his head softly while sighing, "James mate, if you really feel that way, you'd should tell her. If think you need to do that, do it. Maybe it'll help." He suggested.

"You think I should?"

"I don't think it would hurt," Remus shrugged.