𝟎𝟔: 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐖𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐇𝐨𝐭 𝐁𝐚𝐛𝐞𝐬

* * * * 

* * * * 

September  19, 1976

On a sunny Saturday afternoon, a mid-September heatwave hit the students of Hogwarts quite heavily. During lunch, they were fanning themselves with anything they could reach, including their hands.

"Uuuugh," Summer groaned as she held up her red hair into a makeshift ponytail. "It's...so..hot." Evie nodded her head in agreement.

Avery and Jack had pieces of parchment in their hands and were using them to fan each other.

On the other side of the long Gryffindor table, the Marauders sat feeling the same way that everyone else did. Sirius had his face laying on the table with his hair in a messy bun on the top of his head, while James and Peter were chugging cold glasses of pumpkin juice. Remus was just as hot but he didn't complain about it as much.

After a while, Sirius whipped his head from the table and croaked out, "Guys... the Black Lake, we have the Black lake."

James didn't look up from pouring another glass and said, "Yeah, so?"

"Prongs, I think Sirius is trying to say why don't we have a get-together at the Black lake," said Peter. "And you know, invite everyone."

Sirius said, "Exactly.

Jame's eyes widened and under his breath, he said, 'Merlin'. 

"Bless your souls, the both of you," James said before standing up on the table, (Remus removed his book from under James before he could step on it) and shouting out to everyone in the Great Hall, "ATTENTION! I, JAMES POTTER, FORMALLY INVITE ALL OF YOU FOR A SWIM DOWN AT THE BLACK LAKE!"

The boy was met with a chorus of cheers and whoops from his fellow students.

Evanna and her friends looked at each other, shrugged their shoulders, and got up to go get their swim stuff from their dorms.

"Let's all meet back here in fifteen, yeah?" Jack said. They all mumbled in agreement.

In the Gryffindor common room, students were racing all around them trying to get to the lake as soon as they could. There were distant yells saying things like,

'Have you seen my towel?'

'Damn it, where's my sunscreen, Kat?'

'Are my shorts short enough?' 

'Do you think Danny's gonna be there?'

Avery and Evanna separated into their respective dorms to get ready. Evie made her outfit simple, a blue bikini under some comfy denim shorts, and a flowy pastel pink t-shirt. She grabbed her towel and some sunscreen for her and Summer.