002

G A I A

I knocked on the door twice to the principals office for it to come swinging open leaving a harsh breeze on my arms causing goosebumps. I looked up from the floor to be met with the sight of two officers in each corner of the room, a man who looked oddly familiar and a woman standing next to him.

I slowly entered the room looking at everyone in the eyes before narrowing them and sitting down in the seat next to the man. The room was quiet until I broke the silence. "What am I here for?" I crossed my legs after my statement waiting on an answer from anyone at this point.

The officers in the corner seemed to be getting uneasy with my question. The principals eyebrows were furrowed and looked like he was trying to figure out something.

The man next to me had no emotion on his face and seemed not to care while everyone else was bothered by whatever it was. The woman still standing looked at me with a sad smile before looking away.

"Anyone have anything to say? If not I will go back into my second period." I said shrugging my shoulders waiting. We sat in a awkward silence for at least 3 minutes before finally the principal said something.

He cleared his throat and made his words clear for everyone to hear, "Your mother passed away this morning to an overdose. This young man next to you is your brother." The principal said pointing his hand at the man next to me.

I had never felt so relieved, sad, numb and happy at one moment in my life hearing those words. I was so numb, a feeling that I would have never understood until it hit me with full force.

She's dead. I knew I had to keep my composure around these people, I had no tears to cry for her because I was over it.

I felt a soft tap on my thoughts bringing me back into reality. I looked up to see who tapped me and it was the woman who was glue to my so called 'brothers' side the entire time.

She reached her hand in a greeting manner a little bit too fast, so out of reflex I slapped it. I just stared at her now red hand ignoring their stares.

She rubbed her hand a bit to soothe some of the pain from the slap, and then introduced herself. "Hello, I'm your social worker, Ms. Johnson." I sorta felt bad but at the same time I don't.

She literally had her fingers near my eye and I was not fucking with that. Sorry not sorry. She doesn't give good vibes for a social worker either.

The man who has not introduced himself yet finally spoke after sitting here like a lump on a log the entire time. "I'm Luciano Bianchi and your brother." I don't believe a fucking word coming out of his damn mouth.

Not until I get a DNA from each of these so called brothers and get them all tested for being biological.

Luciano had stood up and gave a small wave goodbye to the principal, while signaling the social worker and I to follow him.

I made sure that they both went in front of me to. Ms. Johnson sat in the passenger seat, while Luciano got into the drivers seat meaning that I was in the back. I tried to put all of my stuff from school when Luciano just snatched it from my hands and put it in the trunk. I rolled my eyes and got into the SUV.

He had a nice Mercedes Benz G-Class. I liked it but I'm not telling him that. I clicked on my seat belt and started to pat my pockets for my phone.

I sighed in relief under my breath relaxing back into the leather seats. Luciano would look back in the rear view every few minutes. After a few minutes of silence, we made it to my neighborhood.

It was pretty decent at this time of day, it's only around 9 o'clock when most people are gone to work, school or are still sleeping. It's still chaotic but, I'm going to miss it. I'm glad it's not as busy as it usually is at night.

Luciano parks the Benz and unlocks the doors for me to get my stuff out of the house. "Stay in the car. I'll be back in 10 minutes." They both nodded and continued their conversation. I still feel like they aren't going to listen, just like everyone else in my life.

I get out of the car and grab my keys under the mat. I put the key in the hole, and turn it to unlock it. I look back at them and they were still chatting. I push the door open to the familiar smell of pungent alcohol still lingering through the house.

I scrunched my nose at the mess that was still on the coffee table in the living room from this morning. No matter the amount of times I tried to get rid of the alcohol smell in the entire house it never went away.

The paint on the wall was still chipping and gross. There was some blood drops on the stairs coming down toward the door from this morning.

I walked up the stairs looking at all the old family paintings on the wall, there was one that I never remember seeing. I quickly grab the picture taking it off of the wall. I opened my bedroom door and went straight into the closet and grabbed the suitcase I had in the back of it.

The suitcase was already packed with all of my belongings because that's all I really had for storage.

I didn't need anything, let my mother tell it. I needed a lot more than she thought I would ever have. I opened the suitcase to make sure that I had everything that I needed and closed the old, tattered suitcase back while dragging it down the stairs.

I wanted to walk through the house before leaving for the last time. I wasn't really anything to explore other than my mom's room, she would never let me go in there for anything. I always thought that it was suspicious and she was hiding something all the time.

My room and a guest room was all that was upstairs. I don't even know why we had a guest room when nobody ever came to visit even during the holidays. My feet were slowly moving step by step until I came to the last stair with a thump with the suitcase now on the hardwood floor.

Mom's bedroom door was open which was strange. She always had the door locked even when she was there. "I guess I'll figure out why today.." I mumbled under my breath pushing the door open.

It looked like an ordinary room from the looks of it. Her bed was undone, while her shoes were under the bed neatly tucked.

Her nightstand had a mug of coffee that was freezing cold. I knew she hadn't had this very long ago because her lipstick came off on the mug.

I opened the drawer on her nightstand looking to see if there was anything in there that seemed to be out of place.

It was at least 10 letters of her and this person going back and forth, there was a key under all of these along with the initials G.B. on it with a huge diamond. When I picked up all of the letters a key came flying out and fell to the floor.

I squatted down to get the key off the floor and place it back, but that is when I saw it.

..............................................

Thank you for reading! Continue to Vote, Comment, Follow, for more! Bye, lova's!