Chapter 4[edited]

Chapter 4

Jace's POV

I stalk towards the house with a deadly grin on my face. As I get to the front of the house I kick the door down. Hopefully, that woke the sick fuck up, the ripper wants blood. He comes down the stairs screaming 'how dare someone wake him up'. I just laugh maniacally.

When he doesn't recognize me, he comes running at me trying to punch me. I push him away and shoot him in the shoulder. I smile as his eyes roll back and he flops to the floor I check his pulse and then sling him over my shoulder and drag him out to the car. I'm halfway out of the house and I hear someone screaming

"Help! Help me!Please!" then it goes quiet. Who is that? 

Growling I run to the car and hand the prisoner over to Hawk,

"tie him up and throw him in the boot" I instruct and I run back into the house.

"Where are you going?" Hawk shouts after me,

I ignore him and quickly run in the direction I heard the screaming coming from. I find a steel door with chains around the locks, so I take out my lock pick set that Runner got me for my 16th birthday and have the door open in less than a minute. I run down the stairs, and it takes me to a basement that looks like it's been turned into a torture chamber. What the fuck was he doing down here? 

I kick the door at the end of the stairs in and look around, there's a small girl curled up in the corner whimpering with her eyes closed.

I look at her and the ripper goes silent. I feel peaceful, it's strange, I've felt a feeling like this before. I already feel protective over this woman and I don't even know her name yet.

"It's okay little one, I'm here to help you, that bastard won't hurt you anymore" I whisper to her, she just nods in response,

"I'm just going to get these chains off you is that okay?" I ask

"yes" she answered, her voice sounds ethereal, it soothing my mind.

I reached above her and snapped the chains apart with my bare hands getting angry. Realizing my princess was chained to the wall, in barely any clothes with bruises and scars, it caused the ripper to roar inside of me wanting to torture whoever did this to her. I start moving toward her slowly, making sure to not panic or scare her,

"Can you walk little one, or do you need me to help you, I can carry you?" I asked quietly

"I can try to walk, I haven't in so long though" she whispered, her voice sounding scratchy like she hadn't spoken in a long time, what has happened to her? whatever it is I want to help her. She's mine, my princess, my old lady, and as soon as we're back at the compound everyone else will know that she's claimed and off-limits.

"come on then, I'll carry you," I say gently holding my arms out so she can stand up,

I ask if I can touch her to carry her to my bike and she nods lightly. I hold her tight as I start walking up the stairs. As we get to the top of the stairs she starts to bury her head in my neck it makes me want to sigh, she makes me so calm.

"Are you okay little one?" I whisper quietly, making sure I'm not hurting her

" Yes sir I'm okay, it's just the sunlight, I haven't seen it in years, it's hurting my eyes", she replies, hearing her call me sir made me furious, Jonah had made her address him like that, to degrade her. I don't want her thinking I'm anything like that scum.

"Never call me sir again," I growl out then I think about what she said, she hasn't seen the sun in years, I hold her tighter,

"I'm Jace to you little one, I'll look after you. I'm not going to hurt you, no one is ever going to hurt you again now" I say a lot softer, the anger fading out of my body at her reaction.

I carry her outside whilst she still has her head in my neck. I carry her out to the car where Hawk is sitting dutifully waiting for me, no doubt with a bound and gagged Jonah Williams in the boot. I knock on the window and he rolls it down. I cover my princesses ears, not wanting her to hear what I'm saying,

"I found her in the basement, I'm going to make the fucker pay for hurting what's mine" I growled out lowly

"you're claiming her?" he asked surprised

"yes, stop staring, I'm taking her with me on my bike, when you get back take the prisoner straight to the cells, I don't want her to see him" I answer

I take my hands off her ears and I see that she's falling asleep, she must be exhausted.

"We're going back to the clubhouse princess, I'm going to take you with me on my bike okay?"I ask

"yes," she answers half asleep already,

"I'm going to put this helmet on you, okay?" she nods and I slip it over her head and sit her in front of me as I get on the bike. I don't want her to slip off if she sits at the back and falls asleep I want her to be safe. And she'll be closer to me this way.

Being on my bike with my princess makes me feel so peaceful. No ripper screaming. No screaming need to drag a knife through my flesh.

After the hour ride back to the clubhouse, she was fast asleep. Then I realize that I still don't know her name, well that will have to wait until she wakes up, I don't want to interrupt her rest. I take her up to my room, the first person I've willingly had in my room. And lay her on my bed and try and make her comfy. 

As I walked out of the room she started whimpering, causing my heart to clench painfully, so I go back and lie next to her hoping my being near her calms her down as it does for me. To my surprise, she turns around and snuggles into my chest sighing peacefully in her sleep. I smile, another first, as she subconsciously cuddles with me. Her being so close to me is strange no-ones ever this close to me but at the same time, it makes me feel nice inside, warm. I wrap my arms around her and pull her closer to me, trying to protect her from her nightmares.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(1197 words)

sorry about the lack of updating, it's exam week. to make up for it here's an extra-long update, I hope you like it. as always if you see any punctuation or grammar mistakes please comment and let me know.

Don't forget to vote.

thank you so much for reading, Heidi, xoxo