Chapter 27

Toya

"Megan Pete!" I yelled from downstairs, "I know you hear me calling your name." She peeked her head around the corner with a cheeky smile.

"I thought you were gonna eventually get tired of calling me and come up here to me."

"Girl bring your ass down here." She did a quick jog down the steps and came to sit next to me.

"How can I be a service Mrs.Pete?"

I rolled my eyes and playfully nudged her head, "Don't start with me."

"So you're telling me that you don't want my last name ?"

"Anyways," I moved on, "I needed to ask you a question about something." She nodded, letting me know that I could go on.

"What were you and Monica doing in the park the other day?"

She had a shocked look on her face as if she had been caught doing something.

"We were just on some chill shit."

"So what's the chill shit y'all was on? Cause the last time I checked, yall didn't like each other."

"Toya what?" She looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Y'all got something going on?" I said with a serious tone.

She busted out into laughter, the whole time I was dead ass serious. She saw that I wasn't laughing and slowly stopped.

"Wait, you being for real right now?"

"Does it look like I'm laughing with your dumbass right now?"

"Man hell no. You out your fucking mind ?"

"I just asked you a simple question. It's just funny how all of a sudden, y'all all buddy buddy and shit. Seem a little weird if you ask me."

"You being real insecure right now. Why the fuck you ain't ask your damn friend?"

"Cause you're a known fucking cheater!" I yelled, getting up from the couch and standing above her," You do stupid shit and you expect me to just sit here and be okay with it."

"I fucked up twice, and I understand that. But let's not act like I'm the only one holding baggage here. I know every fucking thing, yet I stood here and said fucking nothing."

"What the fuck have I done Megan, please tell me."

She looked at me with her low eyes. I watched as she fought to hold back her tears.

"I saw the messages with Red. Saying how you missed a man's touched, how you missed him inside of you. Explain that shit to me Toya. Help me understand that shit there."

I was speechless.

"You sit here and accuse me of all this other bullshit, and I'm not saying what I did was right, but the shit you did was no fucking better. I could've got up and left. Got all of my shit and let this relationship go. But I didn't want to, because I know that I love you."

"Mega-" She stopped me.

"Let me finish. I haven't left because I love you, Toya. I am doing everything in my power to keep you here with me. I want to grow old with you, show you a new love that you've never seen before. Something different from the rest of these niggas. I don't want you to ever feel unloved, alone, and I never wanna see you fall. You give me peace of mind, something I've never got to experience. So if you wanna talk about mistakes, let's put it all out there."

"Megan I'm sorry . I didn't even mean for it to happen. It was just in the heat of the moment."

"Yea," she said dryly, "Shit happens."

She got up from the couch and went upstairs. A few seconds later, she came down with her slides on. She grabbed her keys off of the counter. She headed toward the door, but before going out she turned around and looked at me.

"Let me ask you this. What did he give you that I didn't? That nigga tore your heart apart and left you out to dry. What love that nigga had for you? Seem to me you were just another piece he knocked off. But hey, what do I know. I'm just a cheater."

She walked out of the door and left me there in shock. I didn't even know that she knew about that. I was planning to tell her, I just didn't know how. I don't even know how I let myself fuck up like that. I hated myself for it.

Like a dumbass, I let her walk out of the door. Not even knowing if she'd come back for me. I let my insecurities get the best of me and it led to me sitting here alone. I plopped down on the couch and just let my tears fall. I think I really fucked it up this time. And I'm sure that there was no coming back from this one.

********
This Chapter is short affffff😭. But i told y'all i don't have my notes, so just bare with me. Cause i literally wrote this in 15min😭