7| New Foes

The trio from before were still walking to their destination. No doubt, it was the new enemies that Akame's and Akira's squad that they would soon encounter. On of the girls, Chelsea, starts to pant heavily and let out exhausted sighs.

Chelsea: "I'm sorry. My legs are about to give out, instructor."

???1: "I see. Tough it out."

Chelsea: "Have you forgotten how much we've already walked today?"

The old lady of the group, which was the instructor, had turned her head around and gave Chelsea a terrifying glare.

???1: "Don't take me for a fool. I still remember what I had for dinner a week ago."

Chelsea: (sweat drops) "That's because you never eat anything other than hamburgers."

???2: "I will give you a piggyback ride."

Chelsea: "Yaaay!"

???1: "Don't spoil her, Taeko. When I was young and beautiful, I--"

Chelsea: (thoughts) 'Oh no! She's about to start lecturing and boasting us at the same time...! I need to change the topic!' "So! Our mission this time is the assassination of the secret Imperial Unit, right? Are we going to draw them out?"

Taeko: "That's probably what we will have to do."

???1: "We've leaked false information that 'an international trade route used by the Revolutionary Army to obtain income was discovered.'"

Chelsea: "So we'll disguise ourselves as merchants in that trade route and ambush them, huh...hmm? Instructor, look."

???1: "Looks like we've arrived at the rendezvous point."

Up ahead was a group of men, weapons sheathed at their side. They became confused when they saw the trio of women.

Mercenary 1: "Hey, hey, we're teaming up with these women?"

Mercenary 2: "Are they really as good as they say you are?"

Mercenary 1: "Are those two girls the type that assassinate you in bed?~ Maybe we should try them out.~"

Chelsea: (thoughts) 'Such blatant stereotyping..."

Mercenary 1: "But why is that granny here? Are you the cook?"

???1: (smirk) "I'm not just any old granny. You can call me Barbara."

Mercenary 1: (shocked) "Wait...Barbara...? That Barbara Oarburgh?"

Mercenary 2: "From the assassin's guild..."

Barbara: "Yes, the great Oarburgh stands before you. Shall I kill someone to prove it?"

Mercenary 1: "N-No, your overwhelming bloodlust was more than enough...we apologize..."

Mercenary 2: "To think we'd see you in person..."

Barbara: "And Taeko over there is an assassin whom we Oarburghs have raised since she was a baby."

The girl with violet hair and lime eyes simply looked to the side. She wasn't much of a talker. In fact, she looked uninterested with the current situation at the moment.

Barbara: "You shouldn't provoke her lightly."

Chelsea: "And I'm granny's apprentice, Chelsea!"

Barbara: "Did you just call me, granny?"

Chelsea: "No I didn't!~"

Mercenary 1: "We're--"

Barbara: "You're Tengu Mercenaries, right? I can tell by your outfits."