Chapter 13

"what?"

break up?!

"I'm sorry but I don't think we're right for each other. I wish you all the best. I will always love you." and with that he walked away.

so he just broke up with me huh.

after we did it.

it started to rain and tears started falling down my face.

I sat down. my head in my legs and started sobbing.

I didn't want to. it's embarrassing to cry in public.

but I couldn't stop.

I heard someone walking so I quickly got up and wiped my tears.

it was himari.

"huh? what are doing in this rain? you're going to get soaked."

what.

"don't act like you care." I giggled.

"hmph." was all she said before she continued walking.

I started heading home when I heard miyamura talking to someone on the phone.

"yes. I broke up with her."

he's talking about me huh.

"what do you mean why? you know why. the disease I have is no joke. it could kill me and I don't want her to get any more attached. see you at home."

my stomach dropped.

a disease?!

he might not survive? that's why he broke up with me?

I just stood there. I couldn't move. this was too much to take it in all at once.

when miyamura turned around he saw me and his eyes widened.

"y-you heard everything...?"

I just gave a simple nod.

"so you were just going to leave me in the dark about this? I have consistently reminded you that I'll always be here for you through hard times but how can I do that if you don't let me?"

before he could answer I hugged him.

"It's going to be okay, miya! You're going to get through this and I'll be here to help you, okay?" I said forcing a smile.

I wanted to cry. so bad. but I can't be doing that in front of him. I have to show him that there is hope left.

he stayed silent for a few seconds.

"miyamura? are you crying?!" I looked at his face.

"I'm sorry it's just-"

"It's okay to cry but just know that I'll never leave you, no matter what. you will leave a long happy life and I'll be here to make sure of it!" I hugged him tight. never wanting to let go.

and with this, our journey began.

we eventually told my family since they adored him.

they were, of course, very sad to hear it. but they comforted him and told him that everything will be fine.

and I can't help but think that he's tired of hearing it. "everything will be okay". I think deep down, he knows that everything won't be okay.

but even then, he smiles and tries to be happy.

we kept going to school and eventually graduated. we were still together. Sometimes I went to visit him and sometimes he visited me.

we had so much fun together. we went to the amusement parks, cafes, the beach and God knows where else.

I just wanted him to enjoy the little time he had left.

hah. I'm talking as if he doesn't have a chance of surviving. he does. I have to hang on that tiny hope of him being able to survive through this.

one day, we were sitting in my yard, his head on my shoulder.

"hey, Y/N, I love you." miyamura said.

"hey, what are you doing saying that now?" I giggled. "I love you too."

A/N: hi...btw he didn't die guys lol there is still one more chapter left. everytime I finish a chapter I feel so embarrassed omg what is thisjsjsjsjs but anyways thank u for reading! I will probably publish the last chapter tomorrow!