•Fate•

Flooded by grief, abandoned by ephemeral happiness,she sat near the lake,her feets dipped into cold water. But like a lifeless creature, unaffected by the coldness of water and adorned with unshed tears,she stared deeply at her reflection in the water. "Share among all.!" were the words she heard last,and before she would lose her temper hearing about the various ways to come out of this situation,she made her way out of that hut. Among the various words she heard few moments back,the thing which ached her heart was his silence. He was silent,the moment those words fell in his hears,he let her palms,slip from his, creating a void.His eyes were moist,his breathe was abnormal but still he was silent. Silent to all the advices being devised by his brother and mother. Just for once he looked into her eyes and then looked away quickly as the bravest warrior,lacked the courage to look at her teary eyes. She kept staring at her reflection in the water, her eyes were craving for answers, her heart on the other hand kept screaming his name,the very name which was the reason for her existence. Her mind kept playing his words, "I would love to listen everything you used to share with my potrait!".

Suddenly the unshed tears, escaped from her eyes as soon as they saw the reflection of him,right besides her. No matter how hard she tried to control herself,her heart skipped a beat. She looked at his reflection,even the ripples in water were not able to distort the image of his eyes,his teary red eyes. 

She stood up yet not facing him."What's the order prince?" She asked,her voice filled with pain and anger. 

"I am not hear to order you Panchali!" He said,his voice heavy. 

"What's the decision of your mother? Or your brothers? Or yours?" She asked,her voice was grave. 

"You are not bound to abide by anyone's decision!" He said,his voice touched with anger.

"What is my mistake rajkumar? What have I done?" She said still not facing him.

"Who told you it's your mistake? It's my mistake,I shouldn't have addressed you as..!"

"Stop it!" She said, infuriated at the fact that he was blaming himself for all these?! What was his mistake? Was it his mistake that he displayed such brilliant act of archery?! Was it his mistake that he achieved the target with so ease,while all the other claimed kings failed to lift the bow even! Was it his mistake,that his mother spoke those words?! How can he hold himself responsible when his brother were the one to propose that they would take sanyas after he marries me even after knowing the fact that he would never accept a happy married love over the loss of his family?! Was it his mistake that his family was proposing ideas which his heart would never accept?!" She thought,tears falling from her eyes,and now more than herself she was thinking about his dilemma. More than herself,she was worried about him. Maybe that's what love does to people. 

"Why were you quiet? Why didn't you tell them that either of the proposals are not acceptable to both of us!" She said in her fiery voice.He was again quiet. "Why are you here when you lack the courage to answer me!" She said again.

"Krishnaa!" He said softly and finally she turned to him. Amidst all the storm,her life was struck in,the name given my him to her served as a music to her hear. For a moment she seemed to forge everything."I am here to make a request!" He said,his voice shaking.

"Requesting the one,you should claim right on! Indeed you are different!"She thought. 

"I don't want you to live a miserable life for me! I know you won't accept,for you a possess a heart too kind,but all this blunder in your life is because of me! And you have full rights to reject what you feel isn't right. You have all rights to go back!" He said and his voice choked. 

"Go back!" She repeated his words."You are right I should go back and tarnish the reputation of my father!" She mocked. 

"Then..you.you..i mean..ma..marry my jy..jyesth bh..bhrata..!"

"Great!" He was trailed off by her." You are asking me to do something which you can't even say properly!" She sighed. "And what will you do then? You rest of the brothers? I don't want to be the reason behind grief which you all will face! And your mother? Will she be able to see four of her son's sacrificing their lives?" She broke down,as she sank in the ground, afflicted with grief struck between cruel fate of destiny.

"I dreamt of bringing love and prosperity to your life and how ironically I became the reason behind all your sorrows!" She said.

His heart ached to see her like that he wanted to sit near her, comfort her but something stopped him. "His predicament!". He refrained his hands from reaching out to her and consoling her because he knew,he felt he would only make things worst for her. Little did he know that his only flaw ie his dilemma is gonna leave a scar on his heart,for a lifetime or maybe beyond. 

He left from there in silence, because he couldn't find any word that would ease her grief.

After some time,he saw her emerging from behind the parched land,her tears seemed to have stopped but her eyes were swollen. 

"I don't know what is right or wrong..!" She said trying to sound calm but her voice was heavy. "But I do know that I can't let anything wrong happen to this family,which is now my own. I can't let any of your son sacrifice their lives for I remember govind had told me once,your sons are the future of the entire aaryavart. And moreover I can't let a mother go through pain of separation from her sons. Your words,are now my reality. I will marry your five sons!" She said,her voice choked. And when she couldn't dare to meet anyone's eyes,her glance feel on a peacock feather,and she knew he was here. 

He smiled at her, though with tears in his eyes, approving her decision and also ensuring that no matter what he would always be there by her side.

"Sacrifice is the sole essence of some souls! Some souls  are not allowed to dip in the essence of love and life,for they have a purpose way too greater and beyond. Some souls are made of love,just pure love and stitched with sacrifices.. Like yours and parth's . You both are on a journey,a journey to establishment of righteousness,and it will demand the sacrifice of every bit of happiness. But the rewards will be worth it,for generations to come." smiled krishna. 

___________________

A/N:- I don't intend to hurt anyone's feeling. I always wanted a closure on this thing..so thought of writing myself,just thought of exploring the emotions they would have experienced back then..

Idk why it reminds me of ishu's vm on ArDi ~kuch Rishton ka namak hi doori hota hai..na milna bhi boht zaroori hota hai..~

Please share your views.

And requests open (only for ArDi os)~ do dm me or comment,what you want in the next os.