ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇ

❀❀❀❀❀
Sipping on her (f/d), the Ultimate Basketball Star looked at Leon, who was just playing with the straw from his soda, waiting for their food. "Hmmm..." He hummed and looked up, meeting her (e/c) colored eyes with his grey ones. "It's nice here, Kuwata. For once you made a good decision."

That may have sounded mean, but she didn't mean it in a bad way. It was her way of saying 'Thank you for inviting me.', which he understood, somehow. "Hehe, thank ya, (y/n). I heard the food here is really good, and I didn't want you to miss out!"

That surprise her a bit. "So you wanted to go to the city with me, so you could invite me to this restaurant?" He nodded. "Mhm! I bet you would've said no if I asked you normally, so I had to find another way, haha!" "Hmm, I see."

"But you don't seem mad at all, so I guess it worked, didn't it?" The male leaned back with his usual grin, when their food was brought. (Y/n) had ordered her favorite dish, (f/d). After she had ordered, Leon insisted on taking the same as her.

"Woah, that looks good! You have great taste in food, (y/n)." The Ultimate Baseball Star chuckled and began to eat, as did his friend. "The food here really is good.." The (h/c) haired girl mumbled after swallowing down her first bite, giving a small nod of approval to him.

"Haha, I told ya! Seems like I need to go out with you more often?" The orange haired male kind of asked, looking at the Ultimate Basketball Star with a hopeful expression. Unfortunately, said girl was already eating again, and choose to ignore his question, rather focusing on her food.

"Aw, come on, don't ignore me!" He pouted slightly but shrugged shortly after and got back to eating. The rest of their small 'date', as Leon would say, went rather quiet, though it was a nice and kind of comfortable silence. But this silence immediately ended when it got to paying.

"(Y/n), let me pay!" "Why? Even though you were the one who invited me, I still want to pay for at least my own food." "But, as you said, I was the one who invited you! I should pay!" Not wanting to discuss any longer, (y/n) sighed.

"Fine. You can pay then." Leon grinned and took out his wallet, paying for the food and leaving a tip for the waiter. That definitely earned him a few extra points. "Hm? You tipped the waiter? I'm positively surprised, Kuwata." "Of course, haha!" On the outside, Leon was calm.

But on the inside, he was doing a dance of happiness. He usually tipped the waiter only on good days, when he was in a good mood. He left a tip this time because he felt like it. Who would've thought he would get some extra points from (y/n) for that?

Well, he definitely didn't expect it, so it made him even more happy. Because for some reason, whenever he was near the (h/c) haired girl, he felt really fuzzy and warm inside. He knew what that meant, but he also knew that it would be difficult to win her heart.

"Kuwata, why are you staring at me?" "No reason." Yes, it definitely would be difficult, but he was confident that he could do it. He was Leon Kuwata, after all. "Hey, (y/n), let's play basketball tomorrow." "Did you really just say that? But of course..!" "Hell yeah!"
❀❀❀❀❀