§Chapter 7§

§Chapter 7§

On the other side, the first to serve was Daichi.

That's a pretty good serve, you thought as you watched it move more or less right towards you. Rather less, so you moved closer to Yamaguchi. But it's still pretty easy to get. Should I skip the receive orrrr... Yeah. Let's do it. You scan the area. Kinoshita is my best bet right now. He is decently far, no one would expect it, and when I set slowly, he will have the time to react.

The ball was right in front of you. Everyone looked at you with anticipation and no one. I repeat – literally no one expected you to duck under the ball and toss it up.

„Kinoshita!" you call.

Gladly he could react and spiked the ball on the stunned other side.

„What the heck?" he whispered.

„Um.. something wrong?" you asked him. He turned to you.

„That was so easy to hit. Just – so easy. Like all my worries just vanished, the ball was there and everything else turned into white mist. It was just me, the net, the ball and the other side of the court."

You smiled. „I'm glad nothing's wrong. Glad to help."

Everyone was watching you two now.

„Can you toss to me after practise, pleaseee?!" came from the other side. Hinata had snapped out of the daze.

„That- that was amazing Y/n!" Sugawara praised, „It's like you have practised with Kinoshita for ages and knew his playing style!"

You chuckled lightly. „Thanks, I'm flattered."

You noticed the coach staring at you and frowned. Then smirked and decided to mock him. „What? Did my good ol' friend think I quit volleyball? We just had a converstation about this in the morning. Sheesh," you said in a Tsukishima-like tone and waving your hand. Then it turned into a serious expression. „I did not quit. And aren't planning on doing it any time soon."

You turned to Kiyoko who was the referee at the moment and raised an eyebrow. „Shall we resume?" She nodded and the game went on.

-Slight timeskip – about 30 seconds later-

Yamaguchi's serve was received by Daichi and the ball flew towards Kageyama. For you – everything was in slow-motion. The ball was touched by Kageyama and flew towards closed-eyed Hinata. Next second it was hit and everyone waited for the 'BAM!'. It didn't come.

„THAT'S ONE HELL OF A FREAKISH QUICK!" you screech and receive it. „Sorry, the receive's a bit off."

But Suga managed to set to Narita, who was blocked by Tsukishima. You dug the ball and it went to Suga once again. He glanced at you but then went for a setter dump – another point for your side.

You beamed and high-fived him. „That was nice!"

„You did good too! Reacting to the dynamic duo like that! Wow!" he praised you and made you chuckle.

„What can I say? Practise makes progress." You were serious once more. „Now one more time."

-Timeskip – your turn to serve-

The points were 24-22. In your favor. You haven't had an opening for tossing to Suga so you haven't used that trick yet.

'You are so annoying.' 'I forgot you existed.' 'I needed your brains yesterday.' 'Sorry, I invited only my closest friends.' 'You are so weird – like some kind of freak!' You grit your teeth and prepare for a jump serve. Shut up! You jump – higher than Hinata – and hit the ball. Crap! I let the emotions take control again. The ball hits the floor with a loud 'BAM!' and leaves a black mark before bouncing to the balcony.