Chapter 2

Date: Monday, August 16th

"BEEP BEEP BEEP"

No!! I don't want to get up. I look at the clock to see that it's 6 am. It's way too early for this. I'm just going to roll over for 5 more minutes.

"ALEXIS YOU NEED TO GET UP IT'S 6:45! WE HAVE TO LEAVE IN 15 MINUTES" I hear one of my brothers yell.

Shit, I only meant to snooze for 5 minutes. I changed into a pair of jean shorts and a camouflage T-shirt. I'm one of those girls who don't have to wear make up. I have nothing against it if you want to wear it's perfectly fine with me I just personally don't like to wear it. I also would rather just wear jeans and a regular t-shirt rather than a crop top like most high school girls wear. I honestly just don't care what I look like as long as I look decent.

Anyway, I grab my backpack and rush downstairs into the kitchen where all of my brothers were sitting at the kitchen table. They all just look at me and shake their heads. Hunter hands me a plate of eggs and I quickly eat them.

"Alright we need to go now before we are late," Tyler says.

I get up from the table but I feel like I forgot to do something. I guess I had a weird look on my face because everyone just stares at me.

"What's wrong Lexie?" Hunter asks me.

"I feel like I forgot to do something but I don't know what it is."

Bryce then looks at me and asks, "Lex did you take your pill?'

Omg, that's what I forgot to do. Today would have sucked if I didn't take it. I hate how I forget to take them in the mornings. Last school year I kept forgetting to take them or I just couldn't remember if I took them. It actually got so bad that my brothers had to get them out for me and made sure that I took them. However, since I'm a freshman now I wanted to be more responsible and not have my brothers treat me like a child so Bryce said that they would let me try out the first week by myself to see if I was able to remember but it's not looking too good. Ugh.

I look away from him "Oh um no. That's what I forgot to do."

All of my other brothers walk out to the car except for Bryce. He goes to the cabinet and grabs a pill and hands me it with some water. I'm glad that he doesn't say anything about me forgetting though.

Before I walked out the door Bryce said "Lex if you need anything or it gets to be too much call or text me." I just nodded at him. I'm pretty sure he was referring to my anxiety because it can get pretty bad. Most of the time I just get super anxious and get lost in my thoughts which can be pretty scary since my thoughts are wild but a few times I had anxiety attacks and let me tell you those are no fun. When I do get them however only Evan, Bryce, and Hunter can help me through them.

_____________________

Tyler pulled into the school parking lot and I started getting anxious. I was picking at my fingernails but Hunter grabbed my hand. This school is so much bigger than my middle school. I was at least comfortable there and knew everyone so I wasn't very anxious and never had any anxiety attacks since the school was so much smaller. There was only like 400 kids there. However, this school has so many more students, I don't know how I'm going to be able to cope. I look over at Hunter and he has a soft expression on his face. He knows how bad my anxiety can get in new situations. I think I'm actually on the verge of an anxiety attack and I haven't had one of those in over a year.

"Are you ok?" Hunter asks me. That's when all of my brothers turn to look at me.

"No," I was hoping my voice wouldn't crack but it did, "I'm scared and Anxious. This school is so much bigger than middle school. There are so many students here. Everyone is going to be noticing me since I'm the popular boys' little sister and people are going to judge me. I don't know if can do it." I was also hoping that the tears weren't going to fall because I didn't want to look like a baby but they did. I looked down at the ground and started having trouble breathing.

"Lexie please look at me" I look up at Hunter, "You need to take deep breaths or you going to pass out. Follow what I'm doing." I followed his breathing pattern for a few minutes and I finally was able to catch my breath.

"Now Lexie it's going to be fine. You and I have all the same classes so you don't have to be in them by yourself and you don't have to walk in the hallway by yourself. I'm not going to let anything happen to you. As for the judging part, I can speak on behalf of all of our brothers if anyone says anything to you that is rude we will put them in their place."

I look at my brothers and they all nodded and then I turn to look back at Hunter. I put my head on Hunter's shoulder because for one I made myself exhausted and two I wanted to show him that I was grateful for him. "Thank you, Hunter. I feel a little bit better now. I love you." He said back "I love you too."

We sat like that for a few minutes until we were interrupted by Jack saying, "This is cute and all but schools about to start in 15 minutes so we need to go before we are late."

So we all got out of the car and started walking towards the school. The minute we walked in I saw everyone staring at us. I just kept my head down because I didn't want to look at anyone at the moment. I can already tell that this year is going to be a struggle but with my brothers and friends by my side I should be able to survive it. Speaking of my friends I wonder where they are. I only have 3 friends. One guy and two girls. Their names are Hanna, Riley, and Ben. I've been best friends with them since 4th grade.

Hunter and I walk into our first period which is Math aka my worst subject. Like why are there letters in math? When will I ever use any of this?

I look at the back of the class and I see Hanna and Riley. I also see one of Hunter's best friends, Nick, sitting in the front of the class.

"Hey, is it ok if I sit by Nick, or do you want to me sit with you?" Hunter asks me.

"It's fine you can sit with Nick. I'm going to sit in the back with Hanna and Riley. See you after class."

______________________________

Ok so basically the whole day was boring. In every class, we were given a syllabus and the rules on what each teacher expected. It was super boring. However, It was now 2:30 and I can finally go home. Hunter and I were walking to the car to meet up with our brothers when we got closer to the car I saw two of Jake's friends which are both fraternal twins like Hunter and I. There. names are Jordan and Olivia. Jake has been friends with them for as long as I can remember. Olivia is like a sister to me, However, I don't know who the girl is that is standing next to Tyler.

"Hey Hunter and Alexis, How was your first day of high school?" Grayson says to us.

"It was fine," We both say at the same time. The unknown girl just looked shocked but no one else did. We say things at the same time all the time so it's nothing new.

"Oh Hunter and Alexis this is my girlfriend, Erica," Tyler says. Then Erica just gave us a small smile. I don't know how I feel about her but I'm not going to judge her yet.

"Alright well, we better be on our way home now. See you later Olivia and Jordan," Jake says.

"See you later, Babe," Tyler says to Erica. Erica starts to walk away but while my brothers weren't looking she gave me this weird look. She better not be a bitch like Tyler's last girlfriend. I can't go through that again.

_______________________________________

A/N:

Is everyone enjoying the story so far? What are your thoughts? If you think it's boring I'm sorry. I'm going to try and make it more interesting in the next few chapters.

I also wanted to say that I'm going to try an update at least once or twice a week.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a good rest of their day and an amazing week!!