Chapter 7

Date: Friday, September 10th

So it's been almost a week since I had that breakdown in front of my brothers. I've decided to take Bryce's advice and actually grieve and not suppress my feelings. I pretty much stayed locked up in my room over the entire weekend. I feel way better now to be honest. Like a weight was lifted off of my shoulders. However, my brothers have honestly been super annoying lately. Always watching me closely like I'm going to break again at any minute. I don't know how many times I'm going to have to tell that that I am fine before they actually believe me.

I'm currently walking home with my friends from school. My brothers are walking behind us. We had to walk home since Jake's car is in the shop and Bryce wasn't able to pick us up. It's not too bad though since it's only a 10 minute walk.

"Right before I close my eyes," Riley sings.

"The only thing that's on my mind," Hanna sings.

"Been dreamin' that you feel it too," Ben sings.

"I wonder what it's like to be loved by you," all three of them sing.

I roll my eyes and say, "Omg guys seriously? You are so embarrassing."

Actually that's a lie. I really wanted to join in with them. Shawn Mendes is all of our favorite singer.

"Really Alexis? You are literally just like us. Come on I know you want to sing with us," Hanna says.

"Uh yeah no. Besides my brothers are literally right behind us and I don't need them teasing me."

True they probably would tease me but honestly I don't care.

"Ok and? That's never stopped you before. I know you want to do it," Riley says.

"Come on Alexis," Ben says with pleading eyes.

"Ugh fine. I hate when you guys are right."

"I wonder what it's like. I wonder what it's like to be loved by," we all scream at the top of our lungs and then immediately start laughing.

"You guys are a bunch of weirdos," I hear come from behind me.

I turn around to see who said it and surprise it was Tyler. I'm sure he was joking but I decided to say, "Aww you're right big bro we are a bunch of weirdos and guess what? We don't care. That makes us unique."

It looked like he was going to say something but he never did so I turned back around to my friends.

"Have you guys seen the new kid?" Ben asked

"No I didn't even know there was a new kid. Who is it?" Riley said.

"His name is Luke and he seems pretty cool," Ben said.

"Aww does Ben have a crush," Riley cooed at him.

"Shut up Riley, you know I have a crush on someone else. I just mean he seems like a cool person to be friends with," Ben says rolling his eyes.

"I've actually seen him and he is kind of cute but I don't think he is my type," I say shrugging.

I'm not really looking for a boyfriend at the moment. I'd rather just focus on school and myself before I even decide to get into a relationship.

"Well that's good because you aren't allowed to date until your 18," one of my brothers say while throwing their arm over my shoulder. I look up and see that it's Jake.

"When was this decided? This is the first time I'm hearing about it," I say to him.

"This goes for you as well Hunter and this was decided when you both were born," Tyler said walking on the other side of me.

"What? No. You guys get to date but Lexie and I can't. That's so unfair," I hear Hunter whine behind me.

"Sorry little bro rules are rules," Jake said.

"Guys stop messing with our younger siblings. We never decided that you guys couldn't date. We decided that you can't date anyone until we all meet the person and we will decide if they are worthy enough for you to date them," Grayson said.

"Oh come on Grayson you ruined our fun," Jake side while pouting.

"How are you even my twin?" Tyler said rolling his eyes.

These boys can be so annoying. I shove Jake off me.

"Ok well you guys are being super annoying and I want to go back to my friends now so bye," I say to them and run to catch up with my friends.

For the rest of the walk home we talked about random things such as how cute Shawn Mendes is and how we can't wait for season 4 of Stranger Things.

____________

A/N:

Sorry this chapter was a little shorter than all of my other ones. I just wanted to put in a more happy upbeat filler chapter since the last few chapters have been pretty deep and sad.

I also want to thank everyone who has been voting on my stories. It really means a lot to me so thank you!!