Prologue

{ Writers note : Hi hi! :D I dont have too much direction for this Fanfic besides ofcourse readerxZhongli and maybe some nsfw. I'm open to criticism and suggestions (He/she/it/they) so please feel free to comment! Thank you so much for reading! <3 }

Shit. Had more slimes seriously gathered?

Your sword was long gone and although you had no idea how to properly use it, you suddenly wished you still had it as a hydro slime shot up into the air.

You scrambled up and started for an escape just as a pyro one came crashing down overhead, knowing more would follow.

Why did the terrain have to be so damn rocky? You cursed to yourself. Walking all day looking for slimes and then getting beat up by slimes make you knees ache. No. It made just about every part of your body ache.  

You may not have been the fastest runner, especially in your current shape, but luckily slimes were incredibly slow. Out of breath, you turned around and to your surprise you had actually made quite a distance.

Just as you begin to slow you pace, however, your body became weightless as you tumbled down the steep terrain.

You landed flat on your stomach hitting your chin and crushing your teeth..
making you head hurt even more. That wasn't the end of it, though. You slowly begin to slide down more of Liyue's uneven topography.

You lay there for a handful of moments waiting for the cloudiness and throbbing that was choking your head to become bareable enough to stand. You start down the long dirt road just northwest of Liyue city but looking at the city you feel a wave of shame.

Just like most people in Tevyat, you had always thought of how cool it would be to have a vision, but actually receiving one was unreal.

You took the smooth orb out of your pocket and tightened your fingers around it. You were too embarrassed to wear it like most other vision owners.

You were so elated the day you got it, but realizing how impotent you really were quickly flattened any excitement.

Most people fought with a polearm, catalyst, sword, claymore or bow so you decided if you wanted to put any use to your vision you would have to learn to use one. And for about a year and a half now you've tried, but books might not be the best at teaching how to fight. You haven't even been able to find a single volume about how to actually use visions, just stories of people with visions.

Not long after making your way down the long dirt road, you stop. You look up at the stone statue of a hooded Rex Lapis holding a cube and fall to your knees.

Being around god statues has been known to heal the unfortunate and those wounded in battle, but you got to experience this first hand.
You took deep breaths as you felt the pain dissolve and your shoulders relax, but the statue wouldn't get rid of your guilt.

Since Rex Lapis blessed you, sitting by a monument of his felt wrong after just having failed at using that blessing...

You stand up, not entirely healed, and make your way to the harbor. You swallow and take a deep breath out. You didn't get your vision from feeling sorry for yourself so you make a promise to yourself that you would stop being so stubborn and to go find other vision holders.