Chpt. 3

{ Writers note : aaaaaaaa I haven't written a fighting scene in a long ass time so I hope this isn't too confusing. (ᗒᗣᗕ)՞ Also, I wrote this based off of the actual genshin impact terrain so I hope that helps,,, }

"Ahhhhh the breeze is nice up here,"

"I guess, but I don't know why we had to come all the way over here," You turn from the ginger to the view, "We're by Jueyun Karst, right?"

You watched as his ocean eyes scanned the lake and three nearby ruins, "Yes, and so we have lots of room,"

You felt a pain in your chest, feeling the weight of what was about to happen, as he reached out a gloved hand to give you your vision.

"You don't actually think I stole this, do you?" You waved the pendant at him, "I mean, why are you so eager to fight me? We just met an-"

"I just want to see what you're made of," he smiled innocently.

"why?" Something about this didn't feel right, no, sometimes about this wasn't right and you suddenly felt stupid for following someone clearly dangerous outside of the city.

"How much do you know about the Fatui?"

Two blades made out of water sprouted out of each of this fists and you followed, quickly summoning your sword. Your nervousness surely showed, and it made you feel even worse.

"Oh Archons...you're not one of them, are you?"

He let out something between a scoff and a chuckle, "I am," He sounds more like he's bragging than answering my question. "If you beat me I'll leave you alone. But if I win..."

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Why did you ever think coming out here was a good idea? If he was part of the Fatui you really didn't have a chance. Now, you were going to get trapped in some contract and end up paying off debt to the Fatui for the rest of your life.

"-what if I don't want to fight you or make this deal,"

"Let me finish girly!" He laughed, "I'll let you be my assistant,"

You blinked at him in confusion. You didn't know what you were expecting, but it certainly wasn't that. "...Why would I want to be your assistant?"

"You've been asking around looking for vision holders for help," you opened your mouth to ask how he knew that but he kept on going, "I can help you, and you can help me,"

If the contract was as good as he's making it sound, he wouldn't be trapping you into making it.

"But, if you try to escape, I'll have to stop you," he gripped his swords and you swallowed.

You wanted to hesitate to give him an answer but he didn't give you much to deliberate. "Fine," you sighed feeling angry at yourself for allowing this to happen but overwhelmingly so at him for using such a trick, "You Fatui live up to the rumors, you know," He look distracted, like he had something else to say, so without much thought, you took the opportunity.

If you had to fight him, you should at least get a good start.Using the force of your lunge, you swung your sword as hard as you could hoping to catch him off-guard but he still easily caught your sword.

"My, my, so eager! I like it,"

The force of the swing sent a splash of water that began to trail to your hands and you both pushed at eachother.

He pushed your sword down with overwhelming strength as every muscle in your body pushed to keep you upright. You just managed to slip out sideway but he was already swinging at you again by the time you finished turning.

You struggled to keep up with his speed and use of two swords but he was managing to swing at you with amazing strength aswell and you wonded how long you could keep it up. Unfortunately, you got your answer pretty soon. You stumbled but somehow managed to keep your balance after you tripped over the ground.

A chuckle came from your opponent at the distance you had managed to scrambled away from him and you grew frustrated at how easily he was wearing you out. You had been completely open and he easily could've finished you but instead he just chose to laugh.

Your heart felt like it was going to explode as you stood there staring at eachother for a moment and your lungs couldn't seem to keep up with your tingling muscles. And yet, he didn't even have a single hair out of place.

Your sword was somehow still in your hands but you knew you didn't even stand a chance with just your sword alone. If you stood one at all. As reluctant as you were to use your hit or miss elemental abilities, you were on top of a hill so maybe a geo visions would be useful...

"Is something wrong?" he interrupted your thoughts with a smile that rarely seemed to leave his face.

"Im great," you practically scoffed.

"Not bad," The ground shook as water flooded the grass around you. "You're doing better than I expected,"

Not caring to respond, you're eyes naturally went to the floor, rushing with water, but the giant whale that was now blocking the sun caught your eye pretty fast. You turned to run as the whale blocked out everything else aswell but as your foot slipped you realized the drop in front of you.

Not that you had much time to make a choice, but the water had made the ground soft and you slipped off the edge just before the whale could crush you.

Fortunately, there was a bit of a slope after the drop and water rushing for lower ground swept you from your fall. For a couple moments, you couldn't feel anything but the water caring you and the hard groud scraping against you, but you eventually settled on the wet grass like a starfish.

A little disjointed, you sat up and shook the water out of your ears. Things felt oddly silent after the sound of rushing water just completely bombarded you. You didn't get to enjoy it long, however.

Childe surfed down the wet rock and gracefully landed instead of sliding like you. You were on your feet just in time to meet him but if didn't matter. It was a quick turn around to the floor again as his ankle swept at your feet and you splashed to the ground with an "oof,"

You jerked back at the sword now in your face and your gaze followed it to the Fatui now looming over you, "We can start with your swordsmanship,"

You looked past him, his words not meaning anything to you, as you watched a small part of the cliff crumble behind him.

"Hmm?"

You pointed but he only had time to turn before being hit square in the face by a rock.