Chpt. 1

{ Writers note : I'm not used to writing in 2nd pov so sorry if any of the tenses or wording is wrong +_+ Thanks for sticking around for a 2nd part ◕‿↼ enjoy~ }

"E-Excuse me, I'm looking fo-"

A noisy crowd surrounded the Wanmin restaurant as a man struggled to call out order numbers over the noise. He swiftly moved back and forth between the counter, where the meals were being served, and the kitchen as you desperately reached for his attention. Either he couldn't hear you, or he just didn't care.

You looked down at the 3 times folded piece of soft paper in your hands you were fidgeting with. On it was the name of Liyue's resident vision holders as well as some skilled millelith that you hoped would aid you.

Currently you were looking for a young chef names Xaingling. While gathering your list people noted of her kindness and generosity, making you think talking to her would be easy.

You shove the paper in your pocket, with your vison, and turn around preparing to fight your way out of the crowd.

"Hey! Did you have an order?!" You hear a voice call,

The chef had moved to assisting the man in handing out the dishes that had decorated just about every flat surface in the kitchen.

"No," You push through two people and back to the counter, "but I'm looking for a chef named Xiangling! Do you know when she works or where I could find her?"

The chef put her fingerless gloved hands on her hips and beamed.

"O-oh! Thats me!" She said nervously, "Do you have a special order?"

Allegedly, the daughter of the owner of the Wanmin restaurant had the ability to manipulate fire and a gift with polearms.

You lean forward so she could hear you, "No, its nothing like that. I was gifted with a vision as well, but..."

Although you aren't used to admitting to your vision, having a vision was something to be proud of. Not being able to manipulate your element very well, however, was not.

"I can't seem to be able to use it very well,"

Her face lit up, "I'd be glad to help! I can meet you by the harbor's bridge as soon as this place clears up,"

You open your mouth to object; you didn't want to make her work after just having finished cooking all of those dishes. But she already had two plates in her hand and was calling out a number.

... ... ... ... ... ...

You and Xaingling walked further up the road that lead into Liyue harbor to have some space. You had heard that those with pyro visions could be quite destructive with their abilities...

"Oh! I just realized I never introduced myself," you say shyly, "my names [Y/N]. Thanks for helping me,"

You felt awkward and little bad for bothering her. Especially since you two had never met and getting late.

"No problem," she said tilting her head with a smile,

Before you could say something else you both look up to see a group of cryo slimes on a ledge above you.

"Would you mind showing me how you channel pyro energy?"

"What do you mean?" She seemed to be trying to keep her usual happy tone, but she sounded confused,

You open your mouth to speak but the giant slime lands right between the two of you, making you stumble backwards. But before you could even stand up Xaingling summoned a disk of fire, spear in hand.

"Eat this!" With amazing speed she melted the hard ice on the slime and stabbed at it with her polearm. Within  seconds the slime had melted into nothing but some slime condensate.

She stabbed through the last smaller slime you were trying to finish off and smiled.

"Using pyro come like second nature for me," she explained, "like in the way you can just open your mouth and speak,"

You backed out of asking for help with using elements, "Maybe you could just give me some tips with using a polearm..."

"Okay!" She cheered,

If Xaingling was right, maybe you could figure out your vision related troubles on your own. Asking for help with physical fighting would alsp probably warrant a lot less weird looks.

... ... ... ... ... ...

You looked down at your list of vison holders.

+Chongyun, Exorcist
+Xaingling, chef at Wanmin restaurant
+Xingqui, Feiyun Commerce guild
+Xinyan, "rock 'n' roll" musician

( Ofcourse...there was others but the Tianquan and adepti most likely didn't have the time to help you and you doubted few others like a child from Bubu pharmacy would be able to help you. )

You decided looking for the whereabouts of Xinyan by asking around. Since she was a traveling performer, you hoped she would be easy to interact with.

"Excuse me, Granny ping?" You say putting your list back into your pocket.

"Yes dear," she says in her sweet voice as she turned around to face you.

"Hi, I'm [Y/N] and I was wondering if you could help me find someone..." Madame Ping, espically of all of the elders if Liyue, were very helpful when it came to answering questions about the people of Liyue.

"Ofcourse," she smiled, "Who are you looking for, dear?"

"I'm looking for a rock 'n' roll singer names Xinyan. She travels lot,"

"Hmm...," she paused for a moment, "No, I don't know where she would be right now. But, I think I just saw Baiwen head to the pharmacy. I'm sure she might have an idea,"

... ... ... ... ... ...

From the Tianquan's secretary to bartender to restart advertisement board you finally found Xinyan's whereabouts! Mondstadt. You' have to wait for her to get back...

Sure, there was a list of other people you could go to in the mean time but since you set out for help, you felt like you've done nothing but waste time.

You sip at your bamboo shoot soup to-go and listen to the quiet chatter of the harbor, trying to feel better. You sat just outside the bank letting your legs dangle from the bride above the city streets. It was a common place for people to linger by at this hour because of the peacefulness since the bank had long closed by sundown. Despite that, a loud yawn threw open the bank doors.

You looked up to see an orange haired man wearing strange gray clothing with a slit down the middle and a red scarf. Most noticeable, however, was a dark blue charm hanging on over stomach.

He must have seen the look on your face because he quirked a brown and leaned on the railing a couple feet away from you.

"Hey, girlie," he smiled, "is something up?"