2

I returned to my small apartment, I walked towards the bedroom cupboard and placed the weapon inside.

I got out of my suit and took a brief shower, once I finished I changed into my Pj's and sat down on my bed with my favourite book.

A couple hours went buy as I read my book and I suddenly heard a loud knock at my door. As I got up from my bed I grabbed my hand gun from the counter in the kitchen and approached the door. I slowly opened the door to see a not so pleasant face.

"What the hell do you want Mark" I say as he enters my apartment, "I came here for my weapon" he said as he sat down on my sofa "the deal was meant to take place tomorrow and not in my fucking house" I say as I place my gun down.
We argue for the next 10 minutes regarding the time the deal was meant to take place however I realise he will get what he wants no matter what so I head to my bedroom to retrieve the weapon.

"Here you go you bastard" I say as I throw the gun down next to him "now fuck off" I say starting to grow angrier as the time passes.

For a little context Mark and I have been working together for quite some time now, he tells me missions he needs completing and I do them in exchange for a hefty sum of money.

"Come on Anya, show your boss some manners" he says as he picks the gun up "damn this things heavy"
"Wouldn't know, got the whole super strength thing" I say as I step back "and don't call me Anya" I say as I go to open the apartment door.

"My bad green shadow" he says whilst smirking. "Ok give me the money then you can leave" I add ignoring his sarcastic comment.
He hands me a duffel bag full of cash and heads out the door with his new weapon.

Oh how I hate that guy. Recently I had been trying to distance myself from him, I have other things I need to do that don't involve him.

~~~
1 week later

I hadn't done much this past week, the only thing on my agenda was to visit an old friend.

When Friday rolled around I got into my run down Fiat and drove off. I had been meaning to visit my old friend for quite a while but I had been so busy with work that I never found the time. Well that's at least what I told myself, anytime I had free time I would put off going to see him as if I'm being honest it always hurt going to see him.

As I approached my destination I pulled a black scarf around my face and put on a pair of black sunglasses despite the pouring rain outside. I stepped out my car and approached the entrance, "Manhattan Graveyard" reading the words across the entrance made my stomach drop.

I took a deep breath as I entered, I knew where I was going, I had been here multiple times over the past two years but it never got any easier.

As I approached the tombstone I sat down infront of it and as I read his name tears began to form in my eyes, I wasn't exactly the type of person to cry but reading the once love of my life's name on a tombstone will always hurt.

Oh Pietro, how I miss you.