3

Flashback - 2013

I entered the facility, it was dirty and I noticed rats crawling all over the place. A sense of regret overwhelmed me as I followed the scary looking guard.

We entered a heavily protected building and as I entered I noticed two people maybe a couple years older than me sitting in sperate glass rooms one was moving objects through the air, I had never seen anything like that before.
The other person appeared to be sleeping.

"Now we will get you into a gown and then testing will begin" A man said as he turned to me, "Anya is it?" He questioned. "Yes sir, and you are?" I replied.
"I am Baron, I will be the one initiating and monitoring the tests" I shook my head after his introduction to imply I was ready.

They led me to a small bathroom and handed me an old, worn hospital gown to change into. I quickly changed not wanting to stay in the grimy bathroom for too long, I quickly looked at myself in the mirror, "you will finally get revenge Anya" I whispered to myself before exiting.

They told me a bunch of very confusing information and the next thing I knew I was locked in a concrete room, a small panel of glass at the end for Baron and the others to see me.

I looked round the room as and my eyes fell on a large gold stick thing with a shiny blue stone on the top, of course i had no clue why the hell that was there.

"Anya can you hear me?" Baron's voice sounded over a speaker, I slightly nodded as a response. "Now all I need you to do is approach the scepter, can you do that" I heard his voice again through the speaker.

I took a deep breath not really expecting anything to happen, I swiftly approached the scepter. As I was only a few inches away from it, it began to glow a bright blue. I heard a faint voice over the speaker urging me to step back but I felt a strong attraction pulling me closer.

I outreached my hand and as my hand made contact a blinding green light exploded throughout the room, it was as if time stopped. As I fell backwards i looked around the room, everything was in slowmotion, I was still falling .
As I looked up I noticed that the scepter was gone and now just a green ball of light remained and then suddenly everything went black.

~~~

I slowly opened my eyes to see two faces peering at me, I quickly jumped up from where I was lying. "What the hell" I shouted loudly causing the two faces to move backwards.

"You're alive" the girl's voice sounded, "well yeh im alive, why wouldn't I be" I ask confusion filling my mind, what the hell happened.

As I got lost in my thoughts I felt a warm hand on my shoulder, I looked up to see a blonde boy looking at me, he had pale skin and beautiful blue eyes.

"You had a strong reaction to the scepter, similar to the one we had" he said, his voice laced with a strong Sokovian accent just like the girls, they were Sokovian like me.

For the next 10 minutes I sat in disbelief as the two people explained what had happened and how they in fact had powers from the same thing that knocked me out.

"So you can move things with your mind and you're super fast?" I ask the two "basically yes" the girl replies. "I'm Wanda by the way and this is my twin Pietro" she says as she turns to Pietro. "I'm Anya" I say to the two.

We spent what felt like forever just talking and getting to know each other, they were 24,they were only 3 years older than me. Surprisingly we had a lot in common.

"We decided to join to get revenge for our parents, they were killed by Tony Starks weapons when we were ten and when this opportunity presented itself we couldn't turn it down, how about you" Wanda asked "both my parents died last year, they were visiting New York and were killed in cross fire from the Avengers and when I turned 18 I vowed to do something that would make my parents proud, to seek revenge and well 3 years later I found this" I told the pair.

Just as we were about to continue our conversations Barron approached and unlocked our room "Anya we have a lot of work to do, you survived the scepter so now we must find your powers"

And let me just say that figuring out what my exact powers were was not a painless process.