Part 9

Y/n's POV

The smell of alcohol and weed hit me as we walked into the club, almost making me want to leave instantly. I had the urge to cover my nose but tried to resist it as I started looking around the club for Amber and Ale.

Shocking news. I hated drinking, smoking and doing drugs, even though I grew up in an environment where all this was very common. My parents always held me and Amber away from it, and I'm really thankful they did.

I quickly spotted Amber at the bar and Ale a few meters away from her. Just as I was about to look away from them Amber looked up and smiled.

"Shit! Don't get mad at me, but you two look so fucking good together", I heard her mumble through the earpiece I was wearing. I glanced down at mine and Mattia's intertwined hands before looking up at his face to see him already looking at me. The expression he had plastered on his face was hard to read. He had the same no emotion stone face on.

I looked away from him and scanned the place, looking for the guy we were here for.

"Kairi, have you hacked the cameras?", I whispered as we walked further into the club. My hand unconsciously tightened its grip around Mattia's when I noticed the thirsty stares, I was getting from all the men. I wasn't scared, I could knock them all down if I wanted to, but I had gotten strict orders from my father not to do anything.

Mattia must have noticed all the men staring, because he let go of my hand and put his arm around my waist, pulling me in front of him. "You had to wear this dress?", he whispered into my ear.

I looked up at him to see a fake smile covering his face. "What do you mean?", I questioned, mirroring the expression he had on his face.

His eyes traveled from mine down to my chest before looking back at my eyes. "You know what I mean", he murmured as he let go of my waist and wrapped his arms over my shoulders, covering the V-neck. Just as he did that a man, around 40 years old, approached us.

"Excuse me, young man, can I borrow this lovely lady for a second?", he asked, his eyes traveling up and down my body before landing on my chest that was covered by Mattia's arms.

Mattia's hands clenched into fists and I could practically see him clenching his jaw when he answered, "I'm sorry old man, but I can't let YOU borrow MY lovely lady".

I bit my lip trying to hold in the laugh that was about to escape my lips when I saw the man's face drop. He discretely rolled his eyes before looking at me. "Young lady, would you like to come with me for a second?".

"I already told you she isn't coming with you", Mattia muttered. "I asked her not you", the man answered, his eyes not leaving my face. "I'll pay you", he whispered loud enough for both me and Mattia to hear.

I slightly raised my eyebrows at his last comment before lightly chuckling. "I'm sorry, but does it look like I want you?".

His face fell once again, and as I was about to continue Mattia jumped in. "If you even have a tad bit of respect left, I recommend you leave me and my wife alone. It was nice talking to you,", he bitterly said to the man.

Without further hesitation, the man practically ran away. 

I glanced up at Mattia to see his jaw still clenched and his eyes full of rage. Not going to lie, him being this protective was fucking attractive.

"If my boyfriend isn't this protective, I don't want him", I heard Amber laugh through the earpiece. I forgot they could hear everything we were saying. "Your wife huh?", Ale added in a mocking tone making my cheeks turn slightly red.

Before Mattia had time to get mad at them Kairi spoke up. "Were in"

~*~

We had been at the club for almost an hour and had still not seen the guy we were looking for. All of us were starting to get restless, but Mattia and Ale were the worst.

"If we don't find that asshole in five minutes I'm walking over to the bar and getting a drink", Mattia mumbled beside me. "I'll join you", Ale added in a tired tone.

I sighed at their nonexistent patience and let go of Mattia's hand. I quickly turned off my earpiece before reaching my hand up to his ear and turning his off too. "Listen, we have to split up. I'll check the dancefloor, you'll check the bathrooms. Don't tell Kairi, and don't let Ale or Amber see you". He nodded his head before I turned his earpiece back on.

I was about to leave when he grabbed me and pulled me back towards him. "Be careful", he whispered before turning my earpiece on, something I had forgotten to do. I gave him a nod before walking away. He wasn't that bad when he wasn't trying to kill me.

I shook my head clearing my mind. No time to think about my enemy, I had to find the guy we were looking for.

As I made my way over to the dancefloor all the men, I walked past stared at me. Creepy assholes. 

I finally got to the dancefloor when a statement was made over the speakers, grabbing my attention.

"Ladies and gentlemen's, welcome to our very first dance competition in this club!"

The whole crowd cheered at the statement and I looked up at the scene. A smile crept on my face as I saw that Ethan Hollister, the man we were looking for, was standing there.

"The lucky couple that wins today's dance competition will get this, with their names engraved onto it". He held up a big golden trophy and added with a smile. "And they will also get a free drink with me in the private lounge".

The crowd went wild on this statement and people started clapping and cheering. Soon a lot of couple's had started dancing.

This was our chance to get him, but how? We had to win to be alone with him in the private lounge.

My mind was trying to come up with a plan when I suddenly felt a pair of arms around my waist. I turned around and stood face to face with Mattia.

"May I get this dance, Amore?"

A.N

Part 9 ✅

I had to rewrite half of this chapter because I didn't like the first plot I wrote😊

I'm really sorry for the long wait, but my pc broke and I had to write on my phone :(

-R