Part 40

Mattia's POV

After Valentino had talked with Y/n, we made our way over to the couches. I sat down between Ale and Kairi and watched as she made her way over to Amber.

Damn it. I'm already missing her touch.

Still looking at her, I didn't notice that both my brothers were observing me watching her before one of them pinched my arm.

"Earth to lover boy", Ale joked and nudged my arm. "Looks like someone is in loooooove."

I looked at him and chuckled. "Only if you knew."

My answer made both my brothers' mouths drop open. "Did you just admit to loving her! Oh my god! I have to te-", I cut Kairi off by punching him in the shoulder. "I'm kidding, calm your ass down Kai."

"Aw man!", he sighed and punched me back. "Stop playing with my feelings! You know how much I ship you two together."

I pursed my lips together, holding back the truth. If I told them now that I indeed did love her, they would scream it out, making it known to everyone in the room. 

I hadn't even told her yet how much I loved her.

A thought suddenly crossed my mind. What if she doesn't love me? What if it's just a small crush? What if-

Blocking out the negative thoughts, I looked over at her just to see her already looking at me.

A sudden urge to send her a wink washed over me, and I quickly glanced around the room. No one was watching. Turning my gaze back to her, I winked.

She glared at me, and I mentally laughed. Answering her glare with a smile, I winked at her yet again.

Shaking her head, she looked away and her eyes froze at something. 

I looked at where she was looking and saw Emerald. As both sister's eyes met, Emerald's lip started trembling and I saw tears building up in her eyes. 

Both sisters needed to talk. 

Looking over at Y/n, I saw her eyes still locked on her little sister, and when I took a closer look at her eyes, the look in them told me that she was thinking.

After a few seconds of watching her, she scooted closer to the side of the sofa and patted the empty spot between her and Amber.

At this point, all of us in the living room were watching them.

Emerald ran her hands over her eyes, before getting out of Ruby's grip and making her way over to Y/n and Amber.

Her steps were slow and hesitant, but she continued walking, and when she got to them, she didn't sit down between them. She sat down into Y/n's lap, burying her face into her neck.

Y/n wrapped her arms around her and rested her head against Emeralds as small sniffles filled the room. 

Still keeping my eyes on them, I watched as Y/n started rubbing Emerald's back, comforting her.

Beside me, Kairi and Ale started talking together, and in front of me, our parents started talking with each other, pretending like they weren't paying attention to them.

Y/n whispered something to her little sister and kissed her head, causing her to dig her face further into her neck. 

Seeing them both like this, I regretted that I had killed Hunter. Maybe I should have let him live and made Valentino decide what he was going to do with him. But at the same time as I regretted it, I didn't. It was right of me to kill him after everything he had put this family through.  

Blinking away the thoughts I watched as Y/n started rocking back and forth. I was about to look away when my brain registered something.

She was biting the inside of her cheek.

Thinking that I had just made it up, I looked closer. Nope, she was definitely biting the inside of her cheek.

I hated when she did that. It was a gesture she would usually do when she was upset.

Why would she be upset now?

My gaze moved to her eyes, thinking that she was looking at me, but she wasn't. She was staring straight into the air, zoned out. 

What was going on with her?

I cleared my throat hoping that it would catch her attention. 

It did

She blinked a few times before her head turned towards me.

Our eyes met.

My worried ones with her upset ones.

And when I saw the look in her eyes, I didn't hesitate with getting up from the couch and walking over to her.

I know we had decided to not let anyone find out about the change in our relationship. But just like I had told her yesterday.

If I ever had to break a rule for her, I would gladly do it.

A.N

Part 40 ✅

Short chapter :)

Already at 40 parts! What the heck.

Thank you so much for 22k+ reads!! <3 You guys are awesome!

-R