Being Sick is Kinda Romantic?

My heart drops and my head spins. What just happened? What's going on?

"George, oh my gosh! Are you alright? What's wrong?" I rub his back reassuringly and he leans in to my touch.

"Ugh... I hit my head pretty hard I guess." I hear him sniffling.

"Do I need to take you home? Did you need some medicine? I brought water do you think that will help?" Maybe it was something he ate, because I was pretty sure that hitting your head doesn't cause vomiting.

He laughs weakly, "M-maybe water?"

I stand up and see him shiver at the loss of contact. I rush to grab water and jump back to his side.

"Here. Try to drink some?"

He wraps his pale fingers around the glass and takes a sip. I can feel him shivering.

"George, you probably need to go home." I say. Despite wanting him to stay in my arms, I know he can get better by being at home.

"N-no," he says through chattering teeth, "you're warm."

I feel my face flush. No, he's only saying that because he's sick.

"I think you have the flu George. You need some medicine and some rest okay?" I wanted to take care of him but I also wanted him to take care of himself.

"Can you stand?" I try to pull him to his feet.

He shakes his head, not wanting to get up. I try to pull him to his feet so I can at least get him to my bed.

"Please George?"

He finally gives in and staggers to his feet, heavily leaning on me as I take him to my bed to sit down. I grab a hoodie from off my gaming chair and hold it out to him.

"You're cold. Put this on okay?"

He nods his head and I pull the hoodie over his small frame. It's almost 3 sizes too big and it hangs off of his little body. I smile at his ruffled hair and then remember that he needs medicine.

"I'll be right back. Keep drinking that water." I demand.

I swiftly head downstairs once more and catch my mom at the bottom.

"Oh, Clay. There you are. I was hoping you could take the trash out for me—"

I cut her off, "Not right now mom. Do we have any flu medicine?"

Her expression changes to concern, "Are you sick?"

I frantically search through our medicine cabinet. "No mom, George is sick."

She moves me away from the cabinet and starts searching herself. "I didn't know George was over. Maybe I can make him some soup? It's almost dinner time. If not, he should probably get home and get some rest."

"Soup would be great," I say as she hands me the NyQuil. "Thanks mom," I call as I run up the stairs again.

I step into my room and find George shivering on my bed, tears streaming down his cheeks. My heart melts at the sight of my sickened friend. I wish I could take the pain away with a single touch. I hated seeing him like this.

"Hey, George?" I tenderly whisper. He looks up at me and furiously wipes the tears from his eyes. "I'm going to make you drink this. It will help you sleep. And then I'm going to take you home after you eat something okay?"

He shakes his head and sits up, making grabby hands at me. "Don't make me leave."

I tilt my head in confusion and sit next to him on the bed. "What? Why not? You'll be able to sleep better if you go home."

He curls into me and I wrap my arm around him.

"But I'll be so lonely," he says muffled by my sweater. "And cold," he adds.

I chuckle at his comment and reach for the NyQuil on my nightstand. "Okay fine. But at least drink this and have soup. Please?"

He huffs into my sweater. "Fiiiiine."

He was so clingy. I was pretty sure he was older than me, but he was acting like a 7 year old instead of a 23 year old. I guess that sometimes happens when you're sick... I think?

As if on cue, my mom walks in with a bowl of steaming soup and sets it on my nightstand. She eyes George and I's position before raising an eyebrow and closing the door behind her.

I try to pull off him but he balls up my shirt in his hands and grunts.

"George, you promised."

He lets me up and I hand him a little cup of medicine. He drinks it distastefully and reaches for the soup. I hand him the bowl and pull my gaming chair in front of him. I sit and watch him sip on the creamy broth. His eyes light up at the delicious taste and his cheeks warm as he continues to take in the hot broth.

He is just so cute.

"What did you say?"

I love me them cliffhangers... sorry. Thanks for reading you beautiful people.

848 words