𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞

( 𝘨𝘪𝘧: 𝘱𝘰𝘱𝘱𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘳𝘦𝘨 𝘳𝘦𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘦 )

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄

𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘺𝘯𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘤 𝘥𝘶𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘥𝘪𝘥 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳. 

𝘦𝘹𝘤𝘦𝘱𝘵, 𝘮𝘢𝘺𝘣𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩.

𝑲𝑵𝑶𝑪𝑲𝑻𝑼𝑹𝑵 𝑨𝑳𝑳𝑬𝒀 was the worst place to be, but Lucrecia Greengrass was desperate.

She rushed through the cobbled streets, careful that her feet didn't pound against the floor. Molding into the shadows gracefully, Lucrecia pressed her back against one of the bricked walls. She couldn't allow herself to be seen. A small hand clutched the sleeve of her dress, and a gurgle erupted from her small lips. Lucrecia smiled softly down at her daughter, Penelope Greengrass. She just hoped her baby would be alright.

The streets were mostly empty, apart from the odd drunk man, slurring curse words to muggle-borns as he stumbled away. A dark fog had settled, making it hard to see more than five feet in front of you. Slipping her hood back up, a black cape hid away Lucrecia's face as she made her way through a back alley. Her husband didn't know she was there ─ if the child was faulty, he said, it would be best to leave her be in the edge of the woods. He didn't need a faulty child staining the perfect family tree. Not that he would care ─ he already had a son that would be the heir. But Lucrecia couldn't just abandon her daughter. The curls on her hair were just like Lucrecia's - a dark auburn red. But the eyes were a bright emerald green, just like her husband's, with the innocence he used to have when she met him when he was younger.