02| Confrontation

Anabia dressed in grey business attire, asked her driver to take her to Dubai Textile City free zone, where her company ADZ textile was located. The company that her dad, Hasan Zehravi, after endlessly exploring different cities around the globe decided to invest in. The same company that her mother dedicated 7 years to so that it could become one of the luxury fashion brands across the globe. ADZ textiles, Dubai, and YDZ textiles, Pakistan were daughter branches of DeClare & Zehravi Co. gifted to her and her brother respectively on their 16th birthday.

Now after 3 years, she was stepping foot again in her company, the one she fought in vain for eight months to get back from Aaron. Nostalgia and despair suddenly hit her in the gut the moment she entered the lobby, but the most powerful feeling was that of hot burning anger running through her veins, fueling her to march towards the office before the memories had a chance to paralyze her.

"What do you want? Why are you sabotaging my dealings?"Anabia barged into Aaron's office and almost shouted angrily.

"Well, good afternoon to you too, ex-wifey. It's lovely seeing you here. I bet this place missed you as much as I did." he replied calmly making her lose the last vestiges of patience.

"Why Aaron?" she emphasized giving him a pointed look.

"What do you mean by why Bia? This company is extremely important to me, and I would do anything to make it reach great heights. Evans is an important client, since the company would have profited tremendously with the procurement of the contract, I decided to submit the bid proposal. Now it isn't my fault and neither is it surprising that I got the tender," he mocked.

"You think I'll believe this nonsense. You deliberately attempted to sabotage my deal, there was no news of you even submitting a bid, not to mention you couldn't have provided better rates, yet you ended up bagging the tender which couldn't have been possible without you pulling some strings."

"Darling, I understand you are butt-hurt at losing the tender but don't blame me for your impulsiveness and incompetence in handling business dealings, we all know you aren't cut out for the business world. The problem is that you never learn, but don't worry sweetheart, because this time, I'll take it upon myself to teach you all the lessons that will help you navigate effortlessly your way through the business world."

Those words hurt Anabia more than she'd liked to admit. "No thanks, I don't want anything to do with you. I know I'm no comparison to you for you are sharp, calculative, and manipulative a businessman but I know without a doubt that you are deliberately meddling in my business and trying to sabotage it."

"You don't have any proof sweetheart and even if I do admit I'm meddling in your affairs what will you do?" Aaron shot back.

"Why are you doing it?" Anabia asked frustrated.

"It wouldn't be wrong to say, I get pleasure in winning, and well who doesn't enjoy the victory," he quirked his brow and smirked.

Anabia was disgusted by him yet again, but more so, she was angry at herself for barging into his office for explanations when she should have known that it would be futile. Aaron would never leave a chance to rub in her face how he has always won. Before he could humiliate her further, she decided to leave.

However, seeing Anabia leave, Aaron got angry because he expected her to fight, to argue with him, and to give him the attention that he was used to, so he mocked her once more, "Leaving again like the coward you are? What are you gonna do pack up again and leave for Pakistan like a sore loser?"

"Better a loser than a cheat, liar, and traitor like you. "Anabia retorted with misty eyes as she made a beeline for the door without a backward glance for she knew she would break down any moment and she didn't want to give him the satisfaction of affecting her even after 3 years. But Aaron was far from done, he was furious and before she could open the door Aaron pressed a button near his desk that locked the office door. Anabia tried opening the door multiple times but it was all in vain.