07|Reception

Her father had called her after watching the recording of the meeting, had congratulated her on her efforts and had discussed the strategy. He had put the 40% shares in her name despite her incessant refusal and had brushed off the fact that it diluted his shares and prevented him from being the major shareholder in the company. Moreover, he had bucked her courage up by telling that business was all about winning in one second and losing in another, had argued that she deserved those shares more than ever in all these years and had quoted J.R.R tolkien:
"From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king."

And she had cried like a baby hearing her father quote those lines to her. It was her family's unflinching support that had prevented her from being sucked further into the whirlpool of depression, paranoia and anxiety. Not only did his words motivate her to take away from Aaron that she rightfully deserved but also halted the earlier thought process that would have her spiraling down.

She decided once again with renewed vigor to not let Aaron's words and presence affect her happiness. Whatever Aaron's reason was for betraying her had nothing to do with her but all to do with himself and this time she had vouched to not blame herself for the wrongdoings of others even if she never get a closure in life. With that she had wiped off her tears and smiled at her little accomplishment today because she was only answerable for her decisions in life and not blameworthy for the decisions taken by others.

The entire day was spent researching of ways to salvage the ADZ textiles, poring over reports of YDZ textiles and trying to devise a plan to increase the efficacy of the production now that more consignments will need to be manufactured. Her mother had also called to appreciate her efforts while in the night Marcus had arrived and had hugged the living day light out of her. Marcus De Clare was 7 years older than her and had been the overly protective bigger brother to both her and Samantha. His negotiation skills were admirable. His unparalleled eloquence together with his devilishly handsome looks made it impossible for people to not give in.

"Congratulations on being the 40% shareholder of the company," he said with pride shining in his eyes.

"Thanks bhai, but don't you think we would have had a better footing had dad decided to be the 50% shareholder of the company?"

"No, it was best that he gave you the shares because this way Aaron will have no other option but to salvage the damage incurred by the fire since he holds majority of the shares in the company. Moreover, now that you own 40% of the shares, he will have no other option but to make you privy to the decisions he take, which will not only increase your say in your company's decision but will also get you to learn his strategies. As much of an asshole he his, there is no denying that he is a born entrepreneur. He is calculative and foresighted and so this will be a great opportunity for you to acutely observe how he handles business proceedings in the face of a mishap," Marcus said looking at Bia.

"I understand."

"Bia I hate to say this but even I would want to be in your shoes right now just so that I can learn from Aaron and crack all that he did at a young age. Hate him all you want but remember to not let your personal matters affect your profession. You can only defeat your enemy when you are near them, when you know them through and through and when you can predict their moves. I know it's easier said than done but in life we have to let our egos slide to get to achieve our ambitions. People will only listen to you when you win, so win!" He said after seeing the reluctance in her eyes.

"I will, I promise you!" She said with conviction.

"Great. Have you decided what you are going to wear tomorrow to the reception of Shiekh Khalid's son?"