15|Shocked

It's been a week since her engagement. Rahim had left for the States the very next day of the engagement and they barely had been in touch with each other. The consignment of Evans was long since done and the team from ADZ textiles had left for Dubai a while ago. She had been busy trying to keep an eye on the progress of ADZ textiles. 

Bia wasn't surprised that Aaron had kept to his words of making it to the Paris Fashion Week. ADZ textiles had showcased it's designs there and it was a hit because the fire controversy only helped with the publicity and marketing, as per Aaron's prediction. Bia wasn't surprised because if there was one thing she knew Aaron had in abundance was conviction. That man would exhaust himself and his resources to reach his goals in life. There was no compromise on that even if they came at a huge price. 

She envied his timely calculations, and insight. His overconfident statement of making it to the Fashion week in the interview right after the textile mill caught fire, was shown everywhere on social media as the Fashion week neared, which got him free marketing and coverage. He didn't invest a dime in the marketing of his designs because his statement and the fire dilemma were already making headlines. He was the only one who had taken to his social media page and had posted glimpses of what the Fashion show would feature to build up the suspence as the public went in frenzy with anticipation. Tactful would be an understatement to describe him. He knew how to play his cards right and how to bag deals and build suspense with just the right words and pictures. He knew how to use emotions to his advantage for his social media game was lit. In short, what Bia had learnt from him was to research and observe the market well: the demands, the expectations, the emotional attachment with a brand, the words and experience you sell a buyer to rope him in. By making it to the Fashion week in such a short notice, he didn't just sell the commodity, he sold people the stories of all the teammates who worked day in and day out to make it happen. Bia dissected his words and body language as she watched the interview of Aaron from two weeks ago in the airplane.

"We didn't expect you to make it to the Fashion week," the interviewer asked Aaron right after the Fashion Show.

"Well I'm glad ADZ textiles didn't live up to your expectations," he chuckled.

"But seriously how did you do it in such a short notice of 3 weeks?"

"First off, it isn't me who has done it, it's all the workers in my mill who have made it happen. They truly exhausted themselves to make it big in the Fashion week. It wasn't easy but we all had this clarity that we will make it to the Fashion Week no matter what. When you have that clarity and dedication, you make it happen because you aren't willing to give up and that is what drives you to be successful in life."

"It's hard not to lose hope when an unexpected calamity like that combusts your dreams away. Because the fire did come at the cost of diluting your shares in the company as your ex-wife now owns quite a chunk of the company."

"Undoubtedly it's hard not to lose hope but then where's the thrill if it isn't daunting? The hardest of the situations in life teach us the most about ourselves: our resilience, our true potentials and our capabilities. It teaches us the meaning of life and give us a sense of direction. It helps distinguish friends from foe. Moreover, till you are alive you get to dream everyday and dream bigger by each second so even if a dream burns there is another bigger and better one that takes it place." He said dodging the question about her tactfully.

"Do you think you will be able to retrieve back your shares from your ex-wife?" She probed, causing a ghost of a smile to form on Aaron's face. Anabia hated the interviewer for she made it sound like Aaron had lost his inheritance to her when it was the other way around.

"Let's wait and find out." He smiled.

"What? I expected you to say hell yes. What happened to being a confident, ambitious businessman, who would never leave what he deserves and more?