What if?

What if I never asked for his jersey on that one night game before Smalls came to town? Would he walk me home hand in hand the way he does now? Or kiss me the way he does? Maybe he wouldn't have ever dreamed of having his arm around/over my shoulder.

But I'm glad I did ask for his good old number 30 jersey. I sure am glad...
I'm Y/n L/n and I wake up every morning to play baseball with some rats that should be casted for a live action of Ratatouille. Except Benny Rodriguez of course he's my closest friend not to mention the cutest one too.

Anyways I looked at my clock and realized it was almost time to get up so I just rolled out of bed. I did my morning routine (which can consist of whatever you want) and walked downstairs and greeted my mom and dad and thanked them for breakfast.

When I was done I put my dishes in the sink and walked back upstairs to change and brush my teeth. I put on a simple white t-shirt, jeans, and a jersey as a jacket of some sort. (If you don't like the fit you can change it) I walked back downstairs just in time for Benny to knock on my door.

"Hey come on slow poke!" He said poking at my screen door
"Yeah yeah you can wait" I said sticking my tongue out at him
"Come on baby girl don't make me wait I'm impatient"

I stood right in front of Benny with just the screen of the door separating us.

"I'll make you wait all day Benny boy." I said smiling at him
Now this must have set him off cause he swung open the door and grabbed me, put his arm around me like I was gonna run away. But believe me I would never run from him.

"Hey we're gonna make a pit stop first all right, remember that kid I told you about the other day when you weren't at the Sandlot?"
"The one that sucked?"
"Yeah..well I'm gonna help him and in return he's gonna help me rotate nine positions instead of eight." He said smirking proudly like he thought of this plan the whole night.
"Smart"
"Thank you"
"But admit it" I said stopping us both in our tracks "you feel bad for the kid cause the others were laughing at him." I proclaimed poking his chest
"Maybe I do you'll never know" he said smiling

I knew he felt bad for the kid it was just common empathy that those godzillas at the sandlot failed to have in the moment.

"Here we go.." he said as we walked up to this pink houses driveway.