The Long Awaited Date

I smiled and silently ran down my stairs with Benny following me. He grabbed my hand before I could go any farther without him. "Are you trying to escape or something  mi amor?" I laugh softly and lead us to the door, carefully twisting the knob and leaving. Thankfully everyone was doing their own thing so nobody even noticed we left. We walked down a bit farther from my house just to be safe before we started talking.

"So you promise the guys aren't going to ruin it?" I asked, I knew he didn't have control over their actions but he could have payed them to not disturb us I guess.

"I am positive they won't ruin our date. I promise." He says holding up the same pinkie we promised with. "And I never break my promises." I let a smile make its way on my face.

"Good" I simply say to him while catching his hand and interlocking our fingers together. I notice out of the corner of my eye a smile matching mine appearing on his face. The very thought makes my heart flutter. Benny Rodriguez smiling because of me. The thought sinks in, obviously I've made him smile before but not like this. The smile shows how happy he is right now in this moment..with me.

We walk happily in silence as he guides us to our destination. My head leans against his side as we walk closer together leaving almost little to no space between us. The surroundings around us are very familiar and I have an idea of where he's taking us but I don't speak up about it. I know it's a surprise and even though I hate surprises and would love to know what's in store for me; I let it go. He's clearly very proud of himself and excited for my reaction so I want to keep it that way for him.

"Alright mi amor I'm gonna have you put a blindfold on for the remainder of our walk." I nod and let him put it on me despite how weird we probably look right now. He kisses my temple and puts what I assume is a dish towel over my eyes.

"What if I run into something?"

"Good point hermosa, we wouldn't want you to get hurt now. Grab onto my shoulders y/n" I feel around for a second before I make contact with his back and lead my hands up to his shoulders. He must be bending down a bit. "Jump" He says. I do and he picks me up effortlessly, I lay my head down in the crane of his neck as my legs wrap around his waist. He walks us the rest of the way while humming a catchy tune.

Next thing I know he's stopped and before I can ask why I'm being hauled up in the air. "Just hang on princess." "Wow thanks for the heads up!" I say sarcastically. He laughs as he continues climbing up. He gets to the top and let's me down softly. "I'm gonna take the blindfold off now" "Okay" He walks behind me and unties the towel. I open my eyes and smile at the sight. We're in the club house but it's not the club house if you get what I mean. Instead of posters and random shit everywhere there's candles and flowers sprinkled all around neatly. Every petal seems perfectly placed like he took the time to place them one by one. There's a corner with multiple blankets and pillows. And the windows are open with the telescope by it. Next to it is a rolled up 'Beginners Map and Guide to the Stars'. I laugh softly as I read it.

"I know you really like the stars and space so I thought we could look at them later before the game!" He rubs the back of his neck sheepishly "And uh well the Beginners guide is all they had, obviously I would've gotten the Master one-" He stops rambling and pulls out a Teddy Bear with a baseball themed hat and bat attached to its paw. He hands it to me along with a box of chocolates in a heart shaped container. I smile happily at all the effort and time he went into this for me. And the bear! It's adorable and of course Benny would get the baseball themed one. It's perfect, everything about this is perfect.

"I know it's not the date you deserve.."

"Oh shut up! It's perfect Benny. Honestly, I mean the layout looks like a professional did it. The star idea is great and it doesn't matter to me if you have beginner knowledge of the stars-"

"I'm not a beginner! I can show you the big dipper Y/n!"

I laugh "That's good I'm very proud of you! And the teddy bear and chocolates was very sweet of you Benny. Thank you"

He smiles and blushes softly "You're welcome"

_______________________________________

Alright sorry for not updating 🙄 even after I said multiple times that I was going too

But in other news we found my dad's biological family so that's nice I guess- lmao no they're pretty nice so far. I met my biological grandpa and his 2 daughters and their family's

I wish we could find my biological grandma but alas we will most likely never find her💀

Anyways- I had cheer photos today and I looked so good so I hope they turn out perfect 💅

Alright Love you lots later Losers 💚 -Nat <3

Word count: 942

Omg wait I updated last in March?! 🤠 IM SORRY