𝟭 | A Lonely Little Thing

CHAPTER ONE

────── 〔☾〕──────Tardigrade Song - Cosmo Sheldrake ────── 〔☾〕──────

────── 〔☾〕──────
Tardigrade Song - Cosmo Sheldrake
────── 〔☾〕──────

Tetsuro was barely a teenager yet she had to power kill everyone that sat at her feet, their expectant eyes fixated on her as she fantasised about how their entrails would look hanging from the ceiling with the red paper lamps to match them.

Her silver eyes, tired for someone so young, flickered closed with the grisly imagine flashing across her lids before she open them again with a sigh. The girl ran a hand over the long braid tossed over her shoulder. Her hair was thick and shiny, an inky black that matched her fathers, with multicoloured ribbons plaited into it with the whole thing being tied off with a pair of golden bells. It all went well with the black and red kimono she wore. She was careful as she ran her hands over the long black tresses, not wanting to get her rings caught like many times before. She liked the jewellery but they could be a hassle at times.

The cultists continued to pray, oblivious to the girl's wildly jumping thoughts.

Once more, her train of thought switched tracks after being trigger by the sound of humming behind her where her father sat on the highest platform of the stage. His fan, gold and metallic, covered the bottom of his face yet somehow it didn't conceal the spreading smile the warped his features. It didn't muffle his humming either. He sang along softly to the prayers of his followed, singular eye alight with nothing but bliss, while his head bobbed with the loud melody. The melody that was slowly beginning to drill through Tetsuros skull.

She occasionally enjoyed the attention that the congregation smother her with and loved their melodic singing ,but somedays it was simply too much.

"Father" Tetsuro whisper. Her neck, heavy with jewels and a silk scarf, strained slightly when she twisted it too look behind her at the still humming man.

"Yes?" He cooed, blue eye now fixated on her. He continued to sway to the beat, loose black hair bouncing around his shoulders like sheets of dark silk. His tear drop shaped earnings glinted in the evening light.

For a moment the words seemed stuck in her throat before she finally choked them out.

"may I leave?"

"How rude" He snapped his fan shut.

He was no longer looking at her, metallic fan folded across his lap but still in his hand, while his swaying continued. He was like a gently moving pendulum, annoying yet hypnotic. Tetsuros silver eyes followed him carefully. He seemed relaxed, lush robes swamping his figure, but the girl could see his index finger tapping out a familiar beat on his fan.