𝟰 | Little Lamb

CHAPTER FOUR

────── 〔☾〕──────Salt And The Sea - Gregory Alan Isakov────── 〔☾〕──────

────── 〔☾〕──────
Salt And The Sea - Gregory Alan Isakov
────── 〔☾〕──────

Tetsuro knew she should of been paying attention when her father told her he would teach her Tainted Skin. He had said it clearly. She had saw exactly how the technique worked. The ink came through the skin as black liquid before taking solid shape as the object it had been as a tattoo. He had openly shown her what the technique entitled, told her that she would inevitably use it, but somehow it hadn't registered in her mind.

It definitely did now though.

Everything registered as the needle pierced through her skin over and over again, leaving delicate black lines of ink twisting from her right shoulder blade down to her wrist. Quickly, the monochromatic lines took the form of a dragon. It's head rested right on her racing pulse point.

The small stick and poke contraption was wielded by her father who was seated serenely beside her, wrist securely grasped in his much larger hand. He would squeeze warningly if she squirmed to much. She couldn't help the twitching in her fingers though. The constant stinging sensation of the needle traveling across her skin, especially where the skin was thinner and less muscular, was consistent and was a slow layering of pain. It made tears spring to her eyes no matter how hard she tried. She had tried to distract herself by sinking her teeth into her lower lip but all that succeeded in was filling her mouth the a copper taste of blood. The best she could do was keep her sniffles muffled with her free hand.

Hayate hummed gently as he worked, black hair braided down his back like Tetsuros. His robes were layers upon layers of rich black fabrics embroidered with gold serpents that twisted across his chest and down to his rolled up sleeves. He wore simple gold tear drop earrings. They swayed in the breeze, glittering when the sun caught them just right, and sent a pretty shimmer across his cheeks. They were similar to the wind chime that hung above them on the edge of the wooden engawa cover they sat under.

The pair sat outside on the engawa surrounding their private courtyard, the trickle of the small waterfall in the pond harmonising with the chimes above them. It was a peaceful day. Warm with evening light.

Tetsuro would of enjoyed it a lot more if she wasn't currently in pain.

"You should be honoured Tetsuro. Having an animal tattoo is high praise in the Mori clan." Her father hummed as he used a clean cloth to wipe away some of the blood rising along the fresh line he had just drawn on her bicep before letting out a small huff like laugh "I remember it used to piss of the Zen'in, they called it a weak imitation of their Ten Shadows."