Chapter 33: Access Granted

Technopath strolled through the files on Elizabeth's computer. He idly cast his mind through the files as he went, searching for irregularities that would be indicative of Glitch's presence.

Thankfully, as there had been for the past few devices, there was nothing.

As he approached the Notepad app, a message pinged on Discord.

It was a DM from someone named Nova.

Nova: HEY BESTIE YOU SEE THE THING???

Technopath heard it as Elizabeth typed out her answer.

Firefly: Yes!

Nova: CALL?!?

Firefly: Sure!

Technopath listened idly as Nova cheered about the nonbinary superhero. That wasn't what he was here for.

He snatched the pen tool from the Notepad and sketched out a rectangle with a smaller rectangle below it. The top became a screen and the bottom a keyboard.  He tapped a few keys and brought up Elizabeth's search history.

He scrolled through, frowning slightly.

Why did she look up explosions in the past year?

Technopath opened a new tab.

TechnoPotato: u up?

LightLad: yea sup

TechnoPotato: Elizabeth (firefly) looked up explosions in the past year

LightLad: dude my brain's fried rn it is currently 11pm what does this mean for grand scheme of things

TechnoPotato: I am about 80% certain that she is Hurricane, based on location, search history, and secret amazon list.

LightLad: oh neat. Good to know

LightLad: anything else?

Elizabeth opened Google Docs and made a new document.

Technopath glanced through the Shared with Me section of Elizabeth's drive. There was a new file that had been shared with Elizabeth.  Technopath opened the file. It looked like a list of different chemicals, shared by Addison Davis.

This might help with your book research, here ya go <3, was the first line.

TechnoPotato: yea Addison (Snow Lion) sent Elizabeth a list of chemical compounds tagged with 'Research'

LightLad: could that be a writer thing?

TechnoPotato: I don't think so

LightLad: so Addison's in on it too?

TechnoPotato: I think so

LightLad: wait she's from the midwest there aren't any heroes out there

TechnoPotato: you're an eejit just because we're fighting doesn't mean everyone is

TechnoPotato: I'd put money on there being more people out there that haven't been working like this

He tuned back into the conversation.

"-I mean, there's always gonna be assholes, but Tsunami's now my favorite vigilante."

Elizabeth chuckled. "Who was your favorite before?"

"Lightbringer, easy, he's walked me home a couple times-"