1

"I CAN'T DO THIS ANYMORE!" I yell, throwing my bag down onto a desk.

I think about it for a second before quickly picking my bag back up, placing it neatly on my desk.

"AHHHHHH!" I scream out of frustration.

I whirl around once I hear the door slide open and my shoulders slump when I see Tsukishima Kei recording me.

"And there you have it folks. An angry Black woman trashing a Japanese high school." He snickers and I take off my slipper, throwing it at his face.

"That's for my ancestors you bitch." I huff out, stomping over to him and putting the slipper back on.

I take his phone, flipping the camera so it faces me.

"I'm gonna put this on the internet. I AM HAVING A MENTAL BREAKDOWN EVERYONE. JAPAN. IS. RACIST." I prop the phone up on my backpack then take a few steps back. "They make us wear these stupid ass uniforms and obviously I am a Black woman-"

"What are you doing?" He sighs and I quickly shush him, not taking my eyes off the camera.

"As I was saying. I am black. And although not every black woman is blessed with a big, fat, juicy, voluptuous, bouncy, phat fucking ass-" I turn around, looking over my shoulder. "I was. And Japan is discriminating against me because the skirts are so short on bitches with phat asses, and that's me. A bitch with a fat ass!"

I pause from my rant, smirking a little when I see how my butt looks in Kei's phone camera.

"Ooh, she looks good." I slightly bend over, bursting out in laughter once Kei turns around when I start shaking my ass.

"Anyways," I sigh, picking up his phone. "My ass is fat and my tits are big. Amen." I smile before stopping the recording.

"So you're just going to record yourself shaking ass on my phone?" He snatches it away from me and I grin.

"Feel free to message me whenever you want a proper video, Kei. I don't mind." I smile once he narrows his eyes at me.

The first student other than us walks in and we both take a seat, me behind him.

"Where's Tadashi?" I ask and he turns around to face me, leaning on my desk.

"Shut up you American."

"Did you just call me a ni-"

His eyes widen and he quickly slaps a hand over my mouth, making me stop talking.

"Geez, you have no filter at all. You're going to get me in trouble one day." He scoffs and I push his hand away. "How did we even become friends?"

"Umm, first year. I transferred here and you were the only one who didn't treat me like I just came from the zoo so I made you be my friend." I note and he purses his lips.

"True. I still regret coming to school that day. My life would be less chaotic." He groans and I put my hand on his shoulder, scrunching up my face.

"You love me. You should be grateful you met me." I grin before ruffling his hair.

He slaps my hand away, both of us looking over at the door once we hear it slide open.

In comes Hinata, Kageyama, and Yamaguchi.

"Hi Tsukki!" Yamaguchi takes a seat by him. "Hey Kanai." He waves to me and I wave back.

"Morning Yamaguchi-Kun!"

"Yo, Athena." Hinata grins brightly, waving to me.

"Hey." Kageyama nods his head in my direction.

"H-Hi" I blush, waving back.

"Oi, hurry up. Let's go." Kageyama nudges the boy and they both quickly leave.

"Why the hell are you blushing?" Tsukishima scrunches his face up in disgust.

"HELLO?!" I abruptly stand up, eyes wide as I look at the blonde. "You cannot fucking tell me that Hinata and Kageyama are not hot as fuck. Literally Hinata looks so damn fine now and Kageyama-" I collapse in my seat again, sighing in content.

"Amen!" One of our classmates shout.

"Yeah, we heard that." Hinata peeks his head into the classroom, smirking. "I mean, Kageyama and I are dating but we really don't mind if you-"

"Get out." Kei deadpans and they both take off running.

"Shes down bad."

(Short short chapter as an introduction. I just wanna clarify that I don't actually think Japan is racist just for making black students wear uniforms {their racism is prevalent in different ways}. Also, Athena moved to Japan in middle school and originally went to school in Hyōgo but then transferred in the middle of her first year to Karasuno.

Also shes the closest w Kei due to what was mentioned before and she only calls him by his first name bc when they met she thought it was weird calling people by their last names and never liked it, but he explained to her that you only do it when you're close to someone (she occasionally calls Yamaguchi by his first name but only when he's not around because he got super flustered once when she called him Tadashi to his face)

She moved here because her dad married a Japanese woman and she didn't want to move to America so he packed them up and moved to Japan.

She is chaotic and sometimes clueless but she's hot so it doesn't matter. She DOES NOT like Tsukki as of now but she's really comfortable around him. Doesn't tune down her personality just because she's in another country. Despite her stupidness she's academically smart 😌.

Okay and that's enough bg info)

05.26.2021
Published 01/24/2022