Prologue - Connection

The campus bell rang out across the school as the last classes were finishing up for the day. Hallelujah, its spring break and the semester was half way over. If I was like any other kid I would be ecstatic right about now. But of course I wasn't.

I should be getting the hell out of this school right now. I should be getting ready to see my family during this break. I definitely shouldn't be headed to my current destination, Mr. Fielder's office.

Mr. Fielder is one of three guidance counselors at this school. More specifically, he's a "career counselor". Even though counseling is the last thing ever on his mind, he's too lazy to care. I truly hate the man, but it's his job to ensure I get paid a decent paycheck when I graduate from this place.

I stood outside Mr. Fielder's office, mentally preparing myself for whatever he had in store for me. He told me to meet him here after my last class, to discuss an opportunity he had for me. I told him I didn't want a job until after this semester but his response was, "nonsense, you could use the experience".

I sighed one last time as I prepared to open the door. I haven't attended over two years of college for nothing. I'm still a ways off from a degree in electrical engineering, but whatever this "opportunity" is. It better be good.

"Welcome Mr. L/n, please have a seat."

I sat down in the chair in front of the large desk. Mr. Fielder turned his attention to a paper in front of him. "I understand you've been eager to get some experience working in the field?"

"Yes..."

He picked up the paper on his desk and read it again double checking. "I believe I have found a perfect opportunity to get you an easy job for the time being."

He handed me the paper and I started to read it. Maintenance job, technician needed, animatronics? Circus Baby's Pizza World? He's right the job sounds easy but, is he serious with this? Career counselor my ass!
"Mr. Fielder this is a newspaper ad!"

"Yes Y/n I understand your skepticism, but for a part time job over the break, this is practically a gold mine!"

"I hear they are very eager to get some new employees, and will even provide temporary housing while you work there!"

"Though, they did mention you would have to work the night shift. But I'm sure that's nothing you can't handle."

This man never considers talking to the students he's suppose to be counseling. He just shoves "opportunities" in their face and expects them to be on board.

If I wasn't skeptical before I am now. What kind of part time job provides housing? And I'm automatically put on the night shift? "What about this job is going to benefit me? What am I even supposed to do?"

"Well Circus Baby's Pizza World is an entertainment establishment, from what I've heard they rent out animatronic robots to birthday parties and other celebrations."

Animatronics huh? Sounds kinda futuristic. "Okay, so from what you've heard, can these robots walk around freely? It might actually be interesting to see how their motors work."

"I'm not sure, but from the sounds of things you're getting interested!"

"Hold on wait-"

"And sent! Fazbear entertainment has your information and I guarantee you'll get this job Y/n!"

Of course. Now, I have to tell my family why I can't come home for spring break. Now, I have to spend my spring break in a brand new studio apartment provided by a sketchy company. And work a job that probably pays minimum wage.

Minor inconveniences, compared to what I was in store for over the next two weeks.

Feedback is appreciated, hope you enjoyed!

-d3rpyXpenguin