Chapter Three - Curiosity

I stumbled through my apartment door and slammed it shut behind me. I shuffled through the small room dropping everything I had on me before collapsing onto my air mattress. My stomach and chest were still killing me where Baby had punched me, and I wanted nothing more than to completely pass out.

And that's exactly what I did. The second I hit my mattress my worries about this new job vanished and I was finally able to relax.

But after some good rest... relaxing is the last thing I did.

I got out of bed and my mid section was still sore. Besides that, what was I going to do about this job? I was still trying to process everything that happened. From what it sounds like Baby is a sentient robot, or animatronic. Not only that, but she attacked me. And what about the others? Are they like her? What are they capable of? Regardless this Job is definitely not safe like I thought it was.

My head was starting to hurt and I needed to clear my mind. I changed out of my uniform that I had on since yesterday and got a shower. I still had around 10 hours before I even needed to get ready for work. If I'm going back there that is....

I got dressed in some casual clothes, grabbed my things, and headed out the door. I walked to a nice Cafe not far from my apartment and entered through the door.

A little bell jingles as I stepped into the quaint establishment and was greeted by a familiar face.

"Hey Y/n!"

"Sup April!"

I ended up spending a lot of time in this place studying and finishing assignments for university. I guess you could say I'm a regular here. But with me visiting so much, I got to know one of the Barista's: April.

I placed my things down onto a two person table at the left side of the Cafe, near the windows. This place usually wasn't too busy so I didn't have to worry about someone taking anything. I walked up to the counter and April was already preparing my order. "You work fast."

"You having the usual?"

"I guess so, seeing as you're already making it."

She blushed a little and stopped what she was doing "S-Sorry, did you want something different?"

"Nope, please continue~"

She smiled and kept preparing my order "Jerk".

I sat down at one of the stools in front of the counter while I watched her work. "You look a little worn out, aren't you supposed to be on spring break?"

"Actually I got a job, it's just for the break, but yesterday was pretty rough."

She walked over and handed me my usual drink. "Sorry to hear that, where do you work?"

"Circus Baby's Pizza World, It's owned by Fazbear Entertainment."

April's face lit up like a kid in a candy store. "Fazbear? Oh my God I haven't heard that name in forever! I used to love those cute mascots."

Cute isn't really a word I would use...

"Y-Yeah, this place is a little different though. It's actually something I had to do for my school; experience working with technology and all that."

"Oh yeah, that makes sense."

She walked away to attend to another customer and I was left with my thoughts for bit.

Why did I have to bring up that damn job...

Just thinking about that place caused more questions to bounce around in my head. I was fascinated with the idea of a sentient robot, or potentially four of them. Exactly how are they programmed? I'm not a programmer by any means, but some hella advanced algorithm needed to be used if Baby is any indication.

Speaking of the little clown.

well, not so little.

How would she react if I came back? She seemed pretty pissed yesterday, the bruise on my stomach proves it. I'll have to promise her no more controlled shocks. I guess that goes for the other guys as well.

It seems like Baby can at least be reasoned with, but that doesn't guarantee my safety. I made it out relatively okay, but deep down I feel like Baby could of actually killed me if she wanted to. These animatronics are very intriguing but....

Curiosity killed the cat...

While I was thinking to myself, April came back around and took my now empty cup. I already had some money on the table with a generous tip.

She picked up the money and smiled. "Does the new job pay well?"

"Not particularly, it's just fair pay for the great service."

She blushed and smiled. "T-Thanks Y/n."

I walked over to the table behind me and grabbed my things getting ready to leave.

"Y-Y/n?"

"What's up?"

I turned to April and she was pulling on the bottom of her shirt with a face even redder than before. "Can I uh, h-have your number?"

I was a little surprised before I smiled. "Sure April."

Walking home....

I made it back to my apartment and shut the door behind me. I was only gone for about 2 hours, so I still had plenty of time before I needed to worry about work.

Still trying to avoid thinking about that, I distracted myself by making some lunch. I prepared two nice pieces of homemade bread from a loaf I got at the deli. I grabbed various ingredients from my small fridge, and made an an amazing sandwich.

With a fully belly and clear head it was time to consider whether or not I would return to Circus Baby's Pizza World. There was no more avoiding the subject.

Considering the pros and cons: the ladder definitely had more going for it. I had my well being, and maybe even my life to consider. I could spend my time doing better things without this job, and the only thing stopping me was my curiosity.

But there's one problem, quiting this job is the same as forfeiting my college degree. There's a reason my guidance counselor essentially forced me into this job. The truth is, starting my sophomore year at my university, my grades were starting to slip. Not focusing, not studying, staying up too late, whatever the reason, I was in trouble. With the way things were going it was starting to look like I wouldn't graduate, but Mr Fielder made me a deal: He would find me a job to get some experience and prove myself.

Obviously he didn't take the time to find a good job, hell he probably took the first thing he saw. Regardless, getting fired or quiting this job equals no graduation, no second chances, no do overs. The worst part is that I didn't have the heart to tell my parents. How do I explain to them that all the money they spent for their child to get their dream job went to waste? That their child is making the biggest mistake of their life?

That's exactly what went through my mind as I stared at the text from my mother this morning. "Hope your new job is going well! I'm sure you're super busy, but you'll have tell me all about it when you get the chance! ;)"

I had to go back, it wasn't an option.

Just then my phone went off with a notification, it was a message from a number I didn't recognize. "Hey! This is April, my shift at the Cafe finally ended. What are you up to Y/n?"

Maybe I wouldn't be alone during spring break after all. "Hey April, I'm just hanging out until I have to go to work. What about you?"

While I waited for her to respond, I guess I could take a nap. Only a few more hours and I would be back inside that nightmare facility.

Can't wait

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. More actual sister location in the next one. Reviews, questions, and any other feedback is appreciated!

-d3rpyXpenguin