hayun's pov

i've always been a part of the cheer team. it has been my dream since i was in middle school, to be a part of the loud group of people who makes a sport team more energetic when playing.

i have successfully passed the test to be a member of the popular cheer squad in town.

you know that one member who doesn't stand out everytime, but helps the members shine as much as they could? that one member who is a part of a popular group, but never grabbed anyone's attention? that member... is me.

there's only one reason, really. i am not as pretty as they are. these girls would always make men turn their heads to them as they walk on the hallway of the school.

i am not one of them. not even a single sperm would turn their head to me.

but at least i'm a part of the team. that's enough for me, i suppose...

"why do you look so depressed?" i closed my locker, and looked at the person leaning on his own locker beside me.

"and why are your eyebags so evident?" i asked rolling my eyes at him and giggled.

"you know for a cheerleader, you're rude."

"and for a boy who is a part of the student council, you're too observant." i touched his nose, and he smirks as he pulls me closer to him.

"that is my job pretty lady." within a few seconds, he already cringed with what he said. typical.

"i told you to stop complementing me when you're not sincere, doyoung." he slide his hands to his pockets, and walked with me.

that's kim doyoung. my friend. my only friend to be honest. i do have a lot of acquaintances because of the cheer team, but they can never be my friend. all of them talks shit about me behind my back.

doyoung is a part of the student council. he is the vice president. he is also a year older than me. that makes him my oppa, but i never bothered to call him that. he's only two months older than me anyway.

"shall i walk you to your classroom?" he asked.

"sure. if you want to. just don't make those girls think that i am your girlfriend, or else i'm really really screwed," i warned him.

he laughed, and had the nerve to ask me why.

"because! everyone in the cheer team has a crush on you. even though most of them already have a boyfriend, they still have a crush on you." i breathed for more explanation.

"that is why i wouldn't doubt it if 80% of the girls' population in this school has a crush on you. and if i am actually right, and they'll see me with you, i'll be dead in an hour because of their lazer eyes." he laughed so loudly after that, and everyone around us started staring. i started to feel my cheeks burning up because of all the attention they're giving us.

"lazer eyes? what in the world is that?" he laughed even more.

i placed both of my hands to his cheeks, and stared into his eyes intently to show him what i meant. he then looked away, and shook his head.

"y-you looked scary." he looks down as we continue to walk to the end of the hallway, where my classroom is.

"i know right? that's what i meant. i'd have hundreds of girls looking at me like that everyday if they think we're a couple." he mumbled something that i obviously did not hear.

"what did you say?" i asked. he looked at me with a smile, and shook his head responding a no to my question.

"well... we've arrived to my destination. see you later," i said as i entered my empty classroom. yes, it's still empty because i'm always 45 minutes early.

there's a reason to that! my mom has to leave the house at 5:15 AM, and because my school is an hour away, i can't be home alone. i'm an only child. an irresponsible one when it comes to waking up. without anyone dragging me off my bed, i probably won't open my eyes until noon.

i usually read a book from the school library during this free time, but today, i just feel like taking a nap. maybe stare at our classroom's wall clock for 45 minutes, i don't really know. i'm too lazy to do anything because of the cold weather.

i put on my hoodie, and tightened the hood to fit my face properly.

"hayun?" startled, i stood up without thinking about what i look like.

it was jeongwoo. park jeongwoo. the boy sitting behind my seat. the vocalist of the popular band in our town. we're not close, but i am very attracted to him.

"j-jeongwoo! you're early..." i said as i struggled to remove the lace that tightened my hood.

he smiled as he made his way to his seat.

the universe is so against me that they had to let my crush see me at my worst look.

"yeah. band practice," he said with a nod.

i rested my head on my desk, and for the first time in my entire experience of being an early bird, it felt like the time was as slow as a turtle. why do i have to be with park jeongwoo.

"hey hayun." i turned to look at him. gosh just look at that glowing tan face.

"yes?" i smiled.

"you're a part of the cheer team, right?" he knows!! he actually knows that i'm a part of it!

"yes. why?" i asked.

"then... are you close with hyeri?" my world stopped. please don't tell me that today is the day where i find out that my crush has a crush on somebody else!

"not really, but we do talk during practice. why?" i asked once again.

"do you have her number?" don't give it to him!! learn to say no during these circumstances hayun-a!

"yeah i do. do you want it?" i asked.

he shyly gives his phone, and i tapped in his crush's number without any energy.

"can you type down yours too? i don't really have anyone's phone number in our class. for emergencies?" are the angels singing in heaven? this is the best day of my life!