──⋅──

unknown number

unknown number
good morning

me
oh hey good
morning to you
too!

you changed uknown number's
name to jeongwoo

jeongwoo
what time are
you going to
school?

me
5:15

jeongwoo
huh? i never saw
you come to
school that early

me
oh shit | delete

me
oh i thought what
you meant was
what time i get
ready for school!

jeongwoo
you don't look
like an early bird

me
i know she doesn't
looke like me
either | delete

me
yeah well you don't
know anything
about me

jeongwoo
yet

me
what?

jeongwoo
i'll get to know
you of course

me
i'm a screwed up
teen aren't i? | delete

──⋅──

hayun's pov

"you did what?!" doyoung slammed his chopsticks on the table causing a loud noise in the cafeteria. everyone turned their heads to look at us, and i flashed a smile to them.

he lets out a sigh while clicking his tounge in disbelief and disappointment. i shouldn't have told him. this is a mistake. no! it's a mistake to pretend that i am hyeri! what was i was thinking anyway?

"just because you have a crush on that boy, that doesn't mean you have to lie just to message him!" he shoutd in a whisper. i sighed, and looked down to my food. i'm feeling extra uncomfortable today.

"who's your crush anyway?" doyoung asked. i was about to answer him when suddenly, someone sat beside me.

bothered, i turned to my left to look at him only to realize that i'm already sitting beside my crush.

"oh hey hyung what's up?" jeongwoo nods with a smile to doyoung.

hold up! they know each other?!

"good. how about you?" doyoung asked.

i am confused. how did both of them get to know each other. he even calls him hyung. meaning, they are close!

"hey hayun. i want to thank you for giving me hyeri's number. i thought she'll be mad at me for messaging her actually..." well hun little did you know, that girl you messaged was actually me!!

i peered up to doyoung, and he was looking at me with cold eyes. he knows already. great.

"how— how did you two know each other?" i asked jeongwoo casually.

"well, doyoung hyung and hyunsuk hyung are close friends. hyunsuk hyung is the leader of the band i'm in. doyoung hyung goes to our practice sometimes, and we became close eventually." he shrugs his shoulders, and looked at me with a smile.

"hey jeongwoo can you tell me who this hyeri girl is? i'm curious about her." i widened my eyes to doyoung, but jeongwoo looked at me because of that so i switched into a smile.

he started to describe the real hyeri. the cheer captain of our school. the typical it girl. the rich, kind, intelligent, and beautiful hyeri. until...

"i actually thought she's like her friends. the type who'll never reply to a boy like me, but surprisingly, she actually replied. she even knows i'm in the band." jeongwoo said the last sentence with a wide smile. oh this is really really bad.

doyoung looked at me once again, and smirked in disappointment. i can't see him like this really. he's a soft kind boy! he's not like that haruto who always ignores the people he doesn't know. people like me!

"everyone knows your in a band, jeongwoo," i said with a laugh, but he shook his head in disagreement. oh gosh hayun you are such a stalker!

"the students in our class does, but i doubt everyone knows that," he said.

"i want to see her hyung," he told doyoung.

i looked up to him, and shook my hands side to side signaling doyoung to stop him from seeing hyeri.

"well... i can't stop you really—" you traitor!

"—but there will be a program later in the auditorium. class by class. so... no seeing hyeri for now." as doyoung puts up his usual smile, i sighed in relief. well that's a real friend.

"should i approach her during your practice then?" jeongwoo asked me, and i froze in my seat. clueless of what i'm going to tell him.

"look jeongwoo, you're not being yourself. stick with the messaging her first, and wait 'til she wants to see you physically. you used to be so... i don't know you don't show that side of you to us most of the time." jeongwoo rubbed the back of his neck with a sheepish smile.

"all right." jeongwoo's phone vibrated because of a phone call, and he immediately answered it.

he stood up, and took his tray with him.

"i have to go hyung. band practice in five. see you later hayun," he smiled, and quickly left the cafeteria. and i was left here, smiling like an idiot because of the 4 words he told me.

"stop smiling. we need to talk."

i rolled me eyes, and continued smiling brightly.

"she's lost herself again." doyoung sighed, but i didn't mind.

i don't even know if i'm going to regret this mistake.