hayun's pov

jeongwoo

me
jeongwoo

me
i know it's
already late
at night

me
but can we talk?

me
jeongwoo?
read 12:02 AM

me
okay. talk to
me when you're
good
read 12:45 AM

──⋅──

okay. i'll be honest. i'm hurt.

he's ignoring me. completely. even when i'm with him and haruto, he still treats me like i am never with them. when i try to talk to him, he'll walk away as if no one just spoke to him.

i've never seen this side of him, and it hurts to see him like this towards me. i'm such a coward for not telling the truth early.

"i told you. you should've told him," haruto said as he sipped on his cup of coke.

i'm here at the mall with him, and jeongwoo as well. we're waiting for him actually, but he doesn't know i'm going with them.

"i know it's my fault, so shut up already, and help me think of a way to make him accept my apology." i sighed.

"that's not really easy hayun. it usually take days for us to make up after a fight. in your case, i don't really know. both of you aren't that close." his last sentence hit me hard.

"haruto." i heard jeongwoo's voice behind me, and i felt goosebumps all over my body.

"i almost had a heart attack," i exclaimed.

"good for you," jeongwoo replied.

wait. he just replied! i could see haruto stopping himself from laughing, but i didn't care. at least he talked to me.

"where are we going?" he asked facing down on his phone.

"to the ci—" "i wasn't asking you." he cuts me off.

ouch.

"cinema. there's a horror movie that i really want to rewatch," haruto said.

horror? thank goodness. i'm great with horror movies. i don't even blink when the ghosts or bad entities appear on the screen.

we all stood up and left the waiting area, to go to the cinema. i bought a large popcorn for the movie, and both of them bought drinks. this is haruto's 3rd coke bottle, and now i'm actually worried about him and his health.

we finally got in the dark cinema room. the trailers were starting, and we casually went to our designated seats. haruto made sure i was sitting next to jeongwoo. i did not force him to do such thing. he did it on his own free will.

i took my phone from my pocket as i felt it vibrate. i unlocked it, and the brightness of it almost made me blind. i can sense that jeongwoo is glaring at me right now.

"sorry," i whispered.

"just turn it off already," jeongwoo replied.