Author's Note

Hey, everyone!

As you know, I'm the author of Flight of the Stars. Thank you all so, so much for all of the support you've shown this story! I was really tentative about posting the first chapter, but I've received nothing but kind words since I started. So thank you. :)

That being said, I have a confession. I'm a Christian. It's an excellent confession, and you might already know that from my bio. But here's the thing.

I've been really convicted about the darkness in this fic, ever since I've started, and writing it has led me down a dark path that I never intended on going down. I've always had an overactive imagination, and the devil has twisted that into something that I shouldn't be writing. I've wanted to be a witness to people, sharing my faith through my work, but I can't do that in a story that centers around violence, torture, and manipulation.

So it's with a sad heart that I'm telling you that I'll no longer be updating. Don't get me wrong: it's been a wild ride. I'm so, so grateful for each and every one of you. You've taken me from someone who was self-conscious about my writing into someone who's embraced it. And it's because of your love and support that I'm going to be writing an actual book, which I never would have dreamed of doing had it not been for you. So thank you so much for being here and supporting me and my little fic.

Now, I know I left the last chapter off on a cliffhanger, and while I won't be posting any more chapters, I'm still going to tell you what I'd planned to happen in the rest of the story! I was super excited about the intricate storyline (still am, if I'm being honest), and what kind of a person would I be if I posted yet another one of those "Last updated: August 2013" fics? Everyone hates those.

So, from a renewed and fresh heart, here's the rest of the storyline of Flight of the Stars.

29 (I have this chapter all outlined, so this'll be a more detailed outline than the others): The Ministry learns that Grindelwald's escaped. Hermione and Tom discuss the assassination attempt with Grindelwald (and Grindelwald's totally mocking towards Tom; here's an excerpt):

Grindelwald's eyebrows rose amiably as they entered his room. "I'm glad you've finally decided to take advantage of our bargain. Tell me: you need my help?"

"Don't patronize me," Tom snapped. "I'm not in the mood."

"Oh, he is an angry one. I have a pipe if that'd make you cool down a little bit."

Tom gritted his teeth. "We could always lock you back up in Nurmengard."

"With what Aurors?" Grindelwald asked casually.

Hermione stared at him. "We just Stunned them."

"And I killed them," he shrugged. "Can't leave any witnesses. I really thought you'd know better."

"We do need your help," Hermione said quickly. "Please."

"Now, see, that's how you talk to someone. She doesn't have any of the surliness that you," he tapped Tom's chest, "need to get out of your system." He turned deliberately to face Hermione. "Now, love, what do you need my help with?"

He's a fun character to write, and Hermione barely restrains Tom from killing him at a later time. Barely.

The two of them, one month later, announce to the world that they're a couple. They're immediately accosted by reporters, who grill them on how long they've been together and their opinions on current events, such things like that, and they use the opportunity to manipulate the press.