1.1 - luke

1.1 - luke (ivona)

Luke's eye is hurting him, like a lot, like he's been punched but he has checked it at least three times already and there's nothing there. He tries not to touch it because then it hurts more, but the pain is almost impossible to ignore and he's worried. Luke doesn't know what caused his eye to hurt like that and he's afraid he might be sick. He decides it's for the best to tell his mum about it.

Luke finds Liz in the garden, dibbling some plants. He approaches her cautiously, making sure not to step on any of the seeds or flowers scattered about. 

''Hey, mum?'' Luke calls out softly, making Liz turn around and look up at him with a small smile on her face.

''Yeah?''

''Mum, my eye,'' Luke points to his left eye, ''It's hurting really bad.''

''Duck down.'' Liz instructs and Luke obeys. She looks at his eye but since there's nothing to see, a look of confusion spreads on her features.

''There's nothing there, honey.'' Liz says but Luke knows that.

''But it hurts really bad.'' Luke whines, trying not to wince when he grimaces and his eye twitches.

''Luke, did you get into a fight or something? You know you can tell me.'' Liz says, sighing as she takes of her rubber gloves.

''No, mum, it just hurts! For no reason!'' Luke almost shouts.

''Don't use that tone of voice with me, Lucas.'' Liz scolds, ''Now, go inside, I'll be there in a minute.''

Luke does as told and when he enters the house, he immediately makes his way to the bathroom, examining his eye. It's becoming a little red, but it's barely noticeable. When he sees Liz approaching him, he immediately shows her the slight change in color. She puts some creme around his eye, trying to not hurt him too much.

As Luke goes to his room to play with his super-cool Spiderman figures, he forgets about his hurting eye. But when he lays in bed that night, he can physically feel it swelling. Tomorrow, when he wakes up, he does so with a huge black eye.