Sick, but silent

Henry's POV

Okay, so I woke up today with a huge headache.

I got out bed and walked over to the bathroom. I open the tap and keep my hands under it. I throw some water on my face, but the headache only gets worse. I hold my hand on my forehead. I then looked into the mirror and I, indeed, didn't look good. My nose was red and I had bags under my eyes.

Yup, maybe I am sick.

Suddenly I hear someone knocking aggressively on the door.

"Are you done yet?! Come on!" I hear my sister, Piper shout on the other side of the door.

I sighed and opened the door. Piper's face immediately went from annoyed to concerned.

"Henry are you okay?" She asked as she stands by the door way.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Why do you ask?" I asked casually, trying not to sound suspicious.

She tilled her hand and put the back of her hand on my forehead. I raised an eyebrow at her action.

"You're hot." She stated and quickly took her hand of my forehead.

"Yeah, that's not the first time I hear that." I said as as I walked past her to go back to my room.

She rolled her eyes and turned around to look at me. "You know what I mean." She said as she puts her hands on her hips.

I turn back to her and groaned loudly. "Piper, there's nothing. I feel great. Now go change yourself so we can go to work." I said and walked to my room and smashed the door close behind me.

I sighed and sat on my bed. I know I'm sick, but why would I even tell anyone? The last time I said I was sick, Ray didn't believe me and went to spy on me with Schwoz and Jasper, Piper knew I was sick, but threw water over my head to wake me up. And Charlotte, Charlotte was the only one who believed me. But still!

And second of all, I'm Ray's sidekick. He needs me. What kind of sidekick would I be if I skipped work just because I felt a little sick?

I stood up and walked to my closet to grab some clothes. I decide to wear black sweatpants and a grey hoodie. I wanna wear something comfortable today, so I decided to wear something simple.

When I was done, I went downstairs and walked to the kitchen. I already saw Piper sitting at the kitchen table eating her cereal while texting on her phone.

She looked up from her phone when she saw me. I just ignored her gaze and grabbed some juice out of the fridge. I grabbed a glas and pored some in it. I begin to drink it, but after two sips, I stopped.

My stomach began to hurt. I don't know if it's because I'm hungry or because I'm sick.

I put the glas in the sink and the bottle of juice back in the fridge.

When I turned around to look at Piper, I realized she was starring the entire time.

"You coming?" I asked her while waking the walking the way to the door.

"Wait Henry! Are you sure you don't wanna stay home and rest a bit? You don't look that good." She suggested caring.

"Piper, I told you, I'm fine. I don't need to stay home. Now come on." I said now walking out the door.

I heard Piper sighed before following me out the door.
——————
~Time skip to work~

When we arrived I saw Ray in his Captain man uniform.

"Suit up kid. We have an emergency. Someone is robbing the Swellview bank." He said seriously, tossing me my gum tubes.

Piper walked over to the couch where Jasper and Charlotte are sitting.