2-5

BMHS; 002

002

"Meng Ting fitted the requirements perfectly, good looking yet foolish"

After that, the journey to Haicheng was silent, as was the drive from the city to the Meng family's residence in the suburban districts on the other side of Haicheng.

"We have arrived," the chauffeur wearing the sunglasses turned his head back to remind them as he parked in front of a huge iron door.

Throughout the entire trip, Meng Ting had been daydreaming. However in the end, he was still awake. In contrast, Meng Zhong had originally been prepared to be annoyed to death from questions, but ended up falling asleep midway during the journey due to boredom.

Meng Zhong and the chauffeur lao Wang both though that this young master Meng Ting was a bit special.

As for Meng Ting himself, he did not know nor care how they viewed him. He subconsciously touched the bridge of his nose, yet did not feel the metal framed glasses he had worn in his past life which had made him appear more astute. He lowered his hand, clenching it into a fist before releasing it once again.

After they alighted from the car, Meng Zhong led Meng Ting into the European styled manor. A large fountain could be seen upon entering through the entrance, and flowerbeds and groves could also be discerned with a broad sweep. Bypassing the fountain, they directly faced an enormous five-storey building. This was the house where Meng jia lao¹ lived in.

[1]家老: (old) a senior in one's household.

Since this was in the suburban districts of Haicheng, it clearly indicated Meng lao yezi's status in the city as he was able to monopolise such a large manor.

Meng Ting glanced around for a few seconds then retrieved his gaze. This was the second time he had visited the Meng family's house, but even if it was his first, he would not stare curiously like an outsider for more than three seconds.

His collected demeanour caused Meng Zhong to feel somewhat helpless. The first time he had been received by Uncle Wen into the Meng manor to work, he had exclaimed in admiration for nearly half a month before slightly calming down. Yet, Meng Ting who was not only a country bumpkin in name but in reality as well had only looked around briefly as if it was nothing much.

Meng Zhong clicked his tongue, this foolish boy! Without seeing Meng Ting's appearance, Meng Zhong once again silently cursed him.

As for Uncle Wen who had contacted Meng Ting previously, he had been notified by the guard at the entrance when their car had reached the gate of the Meng residence. He walked out from the side of the flowerbed towards Meng Ting before stopping three steps before him. Initially, Meng Zhong had intended to take Meng Ting and look for him.

Meng Zhong shot Meng Ting another glance, then looked over at Uncle Wen, "This the young master Meng Ting."

Hearing this, Uncle Wen swept his gaze over Meng Ting's body and face. Without revealing any hints of his state of mind, he lightly nodded. Meng Zhong bowed and left, demonstrating a kind of extraordinary respect for Uncle Wen.

While Uncle Wen surveyed Meng Ting, Meng Ting was also studying him as well. Meng Ting identified that before reaching the age of forty to fifty, Uncle Wen appeared to be somewhat solemn. This was something which Meng Ting had intentionally told himself to observe. Otherwise, it was very possible that he would treat Uncle Wen with the same disregard he had given Meng Zhong.

However, his observation was useless. He was indeed worthy of clearly understanding his own aptitude, but in the end, what was the use of being able to discern the age and a bit of the other man's obvious temperament? Meng Ting mulled over it again, and decided that there was no use.