Diary Pt. 2

Max POV

The thing about Y/n liking Mike was really bothering me. Y/n probably didn't want me to tell him but I knew if I told her, she would kill me. "So, I have something very important to tell you" I said. "Max my mother is NOT gonna-" Mike started. "Your still on that?" I asked in disbelief. Mike clamped his mouth, as if to say 'Okay you talk'

"Anyway, I found Y/n's Diary and she likes you. A heck of a lot." I said finally. "But Y/n and I are barely even best friends" Mike said in protest. "Doesn't matter. Do YOU like her?" I grilled. I needed answers. "Uh-uh-I don't know!" Mike stuttered. "Oh come on. Just tell me already." I said, rolling my eyes. "I don't know. Ever since El left, I've liked her a lot more but I wasn't sure if she liked me back. I mean, I was mean to her and never talked to her when El was here." Mike explained.

"So...you like her?" Max asked again. Mike opened his mouth then closed it. He nodded. "Are you very sure? Because I swear if you break her heart-" I said, getting up and standing over him. He backed away. "Yeah, I got the message. You're protective of Y/n." Mike said before I could hit him in the head with my bag. 

"Wait, this is some stupid sick prank that you're doing!" Mike accused. "What? No! I have proof." I said, opening my bag. I knew Y/n would be mad but this had to be done. I flipped open her diary and showed him. "I finished my drawing of Mike today. It looks good not to shabby. I really like him, ever since the 6th grade. But he likes that girl, Eleven. Sure she moved away but I think they have a long distance relationship?" Mike read aloud. "See? She's liked you since the 6th grade!" I protested.

"I guess I could talk to her...." Mike said. "You should." I said, putting it in my backpack and grabbing my bag. "Do not mention this to Y/n or she will kill me if she found out I showed you her diary." I commanded and he nodded. We walked back to the basement normally and sat down. They played D&D and I casually handed Y/n her diary.

Y/N POV

"Where'd you find it?" I asked happily as Max handed me back my diary. "Mr. Clarke gave it to me after school. He said you left it at your seat." She explained. I smiled. "Thanks Max." I said. She smiled back when we heard a voice at the stairs. "Michael time for dinner! Bring your friends with you!" Mrs. Wheeler yelled. "Okay Mom!" Mike yelled back. We went upstairs and I felt a hand brush against mine. I looked down and saw it was Mike's.

Stop playing with me universe I thought. But when I looked up I saw Mike blushing a deep red. I blushed and saw Max looking at me with "The Knowing Look". "What?" I asked. She shook her head and we had dinner. Mrs. Wheeler did most of the talking until it turned awkward. "So Y/n how have you been doing?" she asked politely. "I've been doing well." I smiled. "Has Mike asked you out yet or you still single?" she asked.

"What-" I whirled around to face Mike.  "Moomm!!!" Mike said, turning red. "Oh come on sweetie you talk about her all the time." Mrs. Wheeler pressed. I turned red and so did Mike.

Mike POV

"Yeah Mike" Nancy added. "Shut up Nancy!" I said, rolling my eyes. "Aren't you with Jonathan?" He asked. Nancy rolled her eyes and sat down to eat. "Nancy why are you home so late?" Mom asked. The rest of us ate dinner quickly while my mom and Nancy were busy arguing.

Y/n POV

As we finished dinner, I felt someone put a hand over my mouth and grab my waist. I got yanked into the bathroom. I started screaming but the hand over my mouth wouldn't let go. "Y/n! Stop screaming!" Mike said from behind me. I pulled his hand off my mouth. "Goodness sakes Michael you can't just grab someone and make them think they're gonna get kidnapped/" I said, acting annoyed. But there were butterflies in my stomach.