Chapter 4

*Hello my lovelies, don't look now but this is a new chapter for the Water Lovers story. Do Comment and follow me to get more interesting tales to read to. Thank you=)*

If my family past ever taught me anything is a mystery, suspense, and myth talking are overly dramatic. Alas, though all that myth talk and magic has now made sense. 

It makes even more sense when they talk about how dangerous mermaids can be. I feel like it is my job to prevent that somehow. 

The first step it seems is keeping suicidal scientists and scuba divers from feeding the creature bloody appetite. 

Sorry Merman but blood is not on the menu in this Aquarium!

"I wasn't thinking but going on instinct. John, I would like to ask the idiots of scientists you brought in this room; how they became scientists." I glare at John when the situation came swirling in my mind.

John doesn't say anything, only opening and closing his mouth like a pufferfish. My glare can't be that scary? I give him a questioning look and he points behind me. 

I turn my head and see the merman centimeters away from us hovering in the water. The look the merman is sending to John is scary enough to have me whimper like a scared and beaten puppy.

His eyebrows are narrowed down casting a dark shade of his rusted gold eyes and I see some specks of red in there. His lips are pulled in a sneer showing one of his fangs which seem thin like paper but long like a needle that can rip bones to pieces. 

His scary and murderous look screams at people not to come near. I certainly will not go near him when he is that angry although if I don't pull him out of that look then I will be suffering from nightmares all week.

"Hey, you alright?" I place a hand on his face gently hoping the fear that is coursing in my veins doesn't make my hands shake or else I will scare him, I guess? His glare turns soft like a light switch making me almost pull away. Almost!

He gazes up at me and I gaze into those swirling tornados of the sea. I feel so hypnotized and enchanted I don't bear to move from where I am perched at. 

He glances down at my lips and back to my eyes. I start moving in but then a cough breaks our connection apart. That was too close and wait...?

Was I going to kiss him?! I just met him and he is a sea creature and I am a human. Geez, I fear this merman is going to change me for the worst or the better?

"Uh, maybe you should go back into the tank," Mike says with a deeper tone in his deep voice. 

I wonder why his voice has changed tone...oh wait, he is jealous. Why? The merman and I aren't going to be anything but acquaintances. Right?

The merman glares at Mike but slowly moves back into the tank swimming away. I blink a few times trying to make sense of what went on. 

I shake my head and stand up with a towel on my shoulders. This day has gone from smooth and normal to crazy wild confusion.

Time to deal with those scientists and the stupid dead diver. I certainly am thinking of strangling the idiot. 

If the public found out the new asset killed scientists and divers all because one of our staff members wasn't informed or better yet weren't present at the scene then we might lose audience and profit.

Don't want that to happen!

"Hey, boys, whose idea was it to send him into that tank without a staff member of ours to watch or for confirmation you can do such things," I ask with venom hinting in my voice but with a sweet smile that hides the swearing sentences in my mind.